Question Gears 5 Issue - Loop problem

IRevenge

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
Hello people

I have Gears 5 from my Microsoft account so I download it from the Microsoft store / Xbox App. Yesterday when I opened the game as I normally do, a window popped up that had never appeared before.

The window says that the status of the update is "Completed" but it does not go beyond that, if I close the window and run the game again the same window appears ... like a loop.

I've tried various things, including suggestions from a Microsoft forum where their "solutions" didn't work.

Among the things I tried:
-I reinstalled the game 2 times.
-Run the game as administrator.
-I logged into my Microsoft account again.
-I reset the application in the windows settings menu > Applications.
-I cleared and reset the Microsoft Store cache and reinstalled the game.

I leave you a video where you can see what exactly happens when I run the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_E2bbHyWlE

Thanks to any comments that can help.

When it reinstalled or updated, did it say it was version 1.1.64?. I ask because I found a thread on the official Gears forum where someone said the MS Store was for a while DLing the old 1.1.62 version for updates and complete DLs.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/gears-5-pc-update-loop/27047/3

If it was version 1.1.62, or you're not sure which one, unfortunately that means you'll have to try uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling again, as you may have DLed the old version due MS' oversight.

Last edited:

IRevenge

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
When it reinstalled or updated, did it say it was version 1.1.64?. I ask because I found a thread on the official Gears forum where someone said the MS Store was for a while DLing the old 1.1.62 version for updates and complete DLs.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/gears-5-pc-update-loop/27047/3

If it was version 1.1.62, or you're not sure which one, unfortunately that means you'll have to try uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling again, as you may have DLed the old version due MS' oversight.

I have reinstalled the game about 3 times already and always the same.

According to the xbox app, in "installation information" of the same game I have version 1.1.967.0

That thread is not current, so the versions must have changed, although the game no longer receives updates.

The screen you see in the video persists and is the only thing I see in the game ):.

IRevenge

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
I have reinstalled the game about 3 times already and always the same.

According to the xbox app, in "installation information" of the same game I have version 1.1.967.0

That thread is not current, so the versions must have changed, although the game no longer receives updates.

The screen you see in the video persists and is the only thing I see in the game ):.

I was able to play, but I think as mentioned in the thread you sent, I have to go to the "Check and Repair" option of the game in the xbox app in the manage section.

This downloads a 1.3GB update, then when I run the game I get a window that I've never seen before that says "Installing dependencies" so I skip the window you see in the video and finally open the game.

This is just a patch fix because it is unacceptable that you have to do this every time you want to run the game.