GeForce Drivers Help

Nikko G

Honorable
Aug 25, 2015
So I am about to update my drivers for my 970 and i'm gonna do the custom installation. Would I need to check the box that says "Perform a clean installation" ? Or can I leave that uncheck and it will still delete my old drivers?

Solution
You can just click express and not worry about anything ....

But if you have been having problems, before upgrading, recommended procedure is:

a) Uninstall old drivers
b) Reboot and use CCleaner Registry cleaner to remove ONLY registry those entries that have "Nvidia" in them (clean installation oft misses some of these)
c) Reboot and install new drivers.
You can just click express and not worry about anything ....

But if you have been having problems, before upgrading, recommended procedure is:

a) Uninstall old drivers
b) Reboot and use CCleaner Registry cleaner to remove ONLY registry those entries that have "Nvidia" in them (clean installation oft misses some of these)
c) Reboot and install new drivers.

Solution

Nikko G

Honorable
Aug 25, 2015

I could, but it installs software like the 3d Vision which I dont use at all, and would rather not have to uninstall all of them for every driver update. Thanks for the info on how to uninstall old drivers if needed though.

Nikko G

Honorable
Aug 25, 2015

Oh alright mate, thanks for the help, I think i'll just do a express installation.

Latest posts