[SOLVED] GeForce Experience drivers

Al_Bie-04

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
Hi,
I’d just like to know if opting to install the latest drivers from the GeForce Experience App, does that mean that I do not have to go on Nvidia’s actual website and enter my graphics card model etc., and download the “Game Ready Drivers”, or should I install the drivers on Nvidia’s webpage, and then possibly update them on the GeForce Experience App?
Thanks,
Any help appreciated 👍.

Solution
Oh alright. Cause I’ve read elsewhere that downloading the drivers from the website will download the driver itself as well as GeForce Experience App, which May be used to update/download future drivers.

Geforce Experience will download the drivers yes but the issue is that it was seen often that Geforce Experience download the drivers but just install them and screw up the installation.

You really don't need Geforce Experience do to the job for you since you know that when you do it manually it will work all the time.

Keep downloading the package on Nvidia's website and keep installing the drivers like you were doing before Geforce Experience.
Geforce Experience will update the drivers for you. No need to go on the website.

Just want to let you know that it's possible that Geforce Experience will not update your drivers correctly and give you issues.

I recommend that you keep installing your drivers by going to the website and downloading it there.

Geforce Experience is one useless software you don't need unless you use the recording option Shadowplay and even then there are better options to record gameplay.

Al_Bie-04

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
Geforce Experience will update the drivers for you. No need to go on the website.

Just want to let you know that it's possible that Geforce Experience will not update your drivers correctly and give you issues.

I recommend that you keep installing your drivers by going to the website and downloading it there.

Geforce Experience is one useless software you don't need unless you use the recording option Shadowplay and even then there are better options to record gameplay.
Oh alright. Cause I’ve read elsewhere that downloading the drivers from the website will download the driver itself as well as GeForce Experience App, which May be used to update/download future drivers.

Geforce Experience will download the drivers yes but the issue is that it was seen often that Geforce Experience download the drivers but just install them and screw up the installation.

You really don't need Geforce Experience do to the job for you since you know that when you do it manually it will work all the time.

Keep downloading the package on Nvidia's website and keep installing the drivers like you were doing before Geforce Experience.

Solution
Ok I’ll do that then. What about the older drivers - should I uninstall them before/after installing newer ones?

• Download new drivers
  • Go to where you uninstall programs in Windows and uninstall "Nvidia Display Drivers".
  • Unplug your internet
  • Reboot
  • Install the new drivers (without Geforce Experience)
  • Reboot
  • Plug internet back
You do that everytime you want to upgrade to the latest drivers and if you have any issues after installing them you use the program called DDU to remove all traces of old drivers before reinstall the drivers but only if you have issues.

Reactions: Al_Bie-04

Al_Bie-04

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
  • Download new drivers
  • Go to where you uninstall programs in Windows and uninstall "Nvidia Display Drivers".
  • Unplug your internet
  • Reboot
  • Install the new drivers (without Geforce Experience)
  • Reboot
  • Plug internet back
You do that everytime you want to upgrade to the latest drivers and if you have any issues after installing them you use the program called DDU to remove all traces of old drivers before reinstall the drivers but only if you have issues.
Ok, I’ll save that to know in the future, thanks for everything and the swift replies 👍.