[SOLVED] Geforce Experience keeps logging me out every time I close it ?

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Version "3.22.0.32". I think It updated today but I also tried connecting my PC to my TV for the first time and so that's when I opened it and first noticed it wanted me to log in and veryfy email. Been using it for 5 years now, so thought that was a bit strange, but anyway, back on my normal monitor, uninstalled and reinstalled, logged in with Captcha crap 20 times and every time i close app and reopen it wants me to log in again.

Anyone else having this issue or know a fix. It has happened in the past a couple of years back but not sure how it was fixed. Stupidly annoying.

P.S. The Nvidia forums are SHOCKING!!!

Solution
Not been funny but do you really need to use the experience program. I got rid of it because it caused me a lot of problems.
If you uninstall it make sure you remove the entry in start up menu or the pc will hang whilst it is looking for a program you dont have anymore.
Next update your driver and when installing it choose advanced and when you see list of available items untick the experience or you will end up with it again.
General concensus seems to be that you should just uninstall GFE since it's optional anyway. Upate your GPU drivers manually from the appropriate website (but only if/when you are having problems with existing driver). Letting GFE do it automatically may be more convenient for you but not worth it with all the hassle it's causing you.

Not been funny but do you really need to use the experience program. I got rid of it because it caused me a lot of problems.
If you uninstall it make sure you remove the entry in start up menu or the pc will hang whilst it is looking for a program you dont have anymore.
Next update your driver and when installing it choose advanced and when you see list of available items untick the experience or you will end up with it again.

Solution

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Seems like sound advice. Does it really help with game optimization or do most modern games do this automatically?
Also. I just uninstalled everything Nvidia including the driver for my GPU (through device manager) and then scaned for hardware changes which reinstalled graphics driver for my GPU. Does installing GPU driver through device manager, i.e; Windows, do you get the latest driver. 27.21.14.5671 is diver version as llisted in device manager but nvidia website has 465.89 WHQL. Is there a way to check?

Last edited:

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
So I went ahead and tried it out. This was the result. Defult Win 10 driver after clean install: 27.21.14.5671. Nvidia driver (without Geforce thank you very much): 27.21.14.6589. So Windows does not provide latest. Good Info to know. Thanks all.

glad to help , as you just found out windows is not fool proof always get drivers from nvidea site , also , in optional updates NEVER download any items that are not related to windows such as monitor firmware updates , how did they get in the list and where are they actually been downloaded from !

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
glad to help , as you just found out windows is not fool proof always get drivers from nvidea site , also , in optional updates NEVER download any items that are not related to windows such as monitor firmware updates , how did they get in the list and where are they actually been downloaded from !
I noticed that only recently. Had driver for HP monitor and I never even used a hp monitor.....
What's your thoughts on optional updates from/for say, Intel or Realtek?