Geforce Game ready driver.

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
I'm new to the Nvidia update process and have been notified of a Geforce game ready driver.
Is this the latest update I should install or is it a driver specifically for a certain game?

@fudgecakes99

No. The driver did not determine your optimal game setting at all. That one is done by GFE. GFE is not part of nvidia core driver. Hence you can ditch GFE entirely during driver installation process. Driver optimization is not something end user can modify. Not even game developer can do it. That's why if there is driver specific issue the problem can only be fix by device manufaturer. At best we can use work around but not directly interfere with how the driver work.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014

My bad i got the useless bloatware mixed up wit the actuall driver utility. Amd has the same thing i forget the name.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014
No you generally always want to be up to date with geforce drivers unless theirs some terrible bug that breaks a few games. I usually give it a few days before jumping onto the driver just to be on the safe side test the waters before you just dive in.