Question Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4gb Overheats too much?

Apr 7, 2022
Hello. I have the following problem. I have an Asus Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4gb. When the GPU is idle or performing minor tasks like playing videos, using the webcam or playing old games like Civilization 4 the temperature oscillates between 28° and 33° C. But when it's working on an 2015 game that isn't very intensive in terms of hardware requirements like Grim Fandango Remastered, it quickly reaches 74° C and the wind that comes out of the computer case is hot. Is this normal or my videocard is in danger?

74° C is not an alarming TEMP value to worry much though. It's normal for some GPUs to heat while gaming, though you also need to check your ATX cabinet's air flow and alignment.

But on what screen resolution/refresh rate are you gaming ? 1080p ? Have you also tried applying a custome fan profile via MSI Afterburner tool, or any other GPU app ? Does the GPU's fan spin properly when the card is under some stress ?

Reactions: Phaaze88
Apr 7, 2022
74° C is not an alarming TEMP value to worry much though. It's normal for some GPUs to heat while gaming, though you also need to check your ATX cabinet's air flow and alignment.

But on what screen resolution/refresh rate are you gaming ? 1080p ? Have you also tried applying a custome fan profile via MSI Afterburner tool, or any other GPU app ? Does the GPU's fan spin properly when the card is under some stress ?

Yes, I play on 1080p 60hz. And no, I haven't done any customization. Unfortunately I don't know how my GPU's fan is doing. Is there a program I should use to do that?

Apr 7, 2022
I've installed MSI Afterburner but I'm completely clueless about how to use it and I don't want to break anything. Can you please direct me on how to monitor the fan's speed?