Geforce GTX 970

Michael_172

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Hi all I have EVGA GTX 970 in SLI, I have a 4k monitor and have no problem in maxing out games in 4k, I dont use anti aliasing at 4k its not needed, some games such as The Witcher 3 settings do have to be lowerd to high instead of Ultra but I'm getting a solid 60FPS in 80% of my games, the 970 in SlI will out perform a single 980ti, and its actually a few hundred bucks cheaper than a single 980ti, anyway thats my opinion take it or leave it.

Solution
You also have twice the heat, noise and power consumption plus the fact that SLI doesn't scale well in some games. Add to that the extra cost of a bigger PSU and you save nothing The only time I would advocate SLI or XFire is when you need to upgrade an older system to extend it's life or are running 4K for gaming. Take that or leave that.
You also have twice the heat, noise and power consumption plus the fact that SLI doesn't scale well in some games. Add to that the extra cost of a bigger PSU and you save nothing The only time I would advocate SLI or XFire is when you need to upgrade an older system to extend it's life or are running 4K for gaming. Take that or leave that.

Solution