GeForce2GTS crashing games HELP!!

G

I just purchased an ASUS 7700 Deluxe 64MB GTS with 3d glasses and the works to replace my Voodoo 5 5500. I uninstalled the 3dfx tools and set the display back to standard vga graphics adapter and when I got the new card and software in, everything looks nice except for GAMES. I absolutley cannot launch anything that ishardware rendered except for Media Player playing an MPEG. Other apps work fine also. I then uninstalled the ASUS drivers and utils and installed the latest detonator 3 drivers. Same exact problems. I reset my overclocked bus speed to default. THe card was sharing an IRQ with my DXR3 card, but I removed the DXR3 and i still have the same problem. Ive turned off fast writes in the BIOS. I installed NVMAX.I removed the Detonator 3 and reinstalled the ASUS drivers after a REGCLEAN. No luck. When I do the DX8 test in windows everything works fine and it doesnt give any errors or lock up. Ive tried Q3, UT, 3dmark2k & 2k1. I have directX8 installed. Any ideas I havent tried???
This is the second GeForce card ive installed that I cant get running. Ive tried an MX on another system last year and it didnt work either. I LOVE VOODOO. Never any problems, except their extinction. HELP PLEASE!!

ASUS A7M266 w Audio MB
1.333 @ 1.350 Athlon 266@270
Corsair 2.5cas 128MB DDR SDRAM
Creative SB Platinum 5.1 w Live Drive
Creative DXR3
WinTVgo tuner card
WD HDD 30gig ATA100 7200RPM
Linksys 10/100
ASUS v7700 Deluxe GeForce2 GTS w 64mb
Creative Labs 8432 CDRW
Creative Labs 12X DVD
Sparkle 300W PS
Plenty of case fans Proc @ 112 under load
Windows ME

Its big, purple and women love it!(ATX case w/3 coats of purple Krylon and the AMD logo)

G

Hey Big,
DT here..check out my latest post reply in the drivers section of the community here. It addresses this very issue. I'm currently running experiments on my system to try to isolate the problem that you and many others in different sections of this message board are reporting over and over again..my current hunch is that it's not hardware related and that it's a directX 8 issue with this particular video card. The jury is still out on this however..I'll keep you posted..:)

DT

P.S. the post reply in the Drivers section of the message board is listed under Hyllian's original post "DirectX 8 and UT"

Motivation is half the battle to success..personal intiative completes the process..:)

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try reinstalling DirectX to try to fix the problem. Hope this helps.

=
<font color=green>Are you just lazy or incredibly stupid? -<i>King of the Earth</i></font color=green>

G

Hate to say it but that usually doesn't cure the ill in this particular problem..several have tryed that..and all have seemed to fail..read my above post..

DT

Motivation is half the battle to success..personal intiative completes the process..:)

G

Thanks for the help. After a fresh installof WinME, and the ASUS MB and VC card drivers, i still had the same problem. So I turned to the BIOS on my A7M266 and turned off AGP4x support and the thing works fine now. One problem though, it doesnt look as good as my Voodoo 5 5500! When I enable antialiasing on this sucker, it gets SLOW. My V5 could handle 4x antialiasing @ 800 x 600 in UT with not problems. Ive got the geforce gts on 1.5 x 1.5 and chip performance to Blend (between quality and performance). Also, my UT screen is off center to the left when it starts, but all other progs seem to launch OK, and windows is centered in the display properly. After I check out the 3d glasses it was bundled with, I think im going to sell it and reinstall my voodoo 5.

Its big, purple and women love it!(ATX case w/3 coats of purple Krylon and the AMD logo)