Geforce2Ti allows only 60Hz freq. with my 21'' !!!

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001
Hi to all,
I just got a 21'' Hyundai monitor which is supposed to perform up to 85Hz at 1600X1200 resolution but it does no better than 60Hz! I didn't find any possibility to set it on the hardware (screen) and in the display settings in Win98 there is no choice. It is either 60Hz or "optimal" which is exactly the same. My card is Winfast Geforce2 Ti. I think it is powerful enough to feed a 21" monitor. After endless tweaking I feel myself completely lost. There's certainly a trick that I don't know. Maybe someone could guide me in this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I assume your using 2k/XP so you need to goto 3dguru.com and get one of the tools there to fix your problem. It's locked at 60Hz for some reason on those OS's.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Go to Display Properties and make sure your new monitor is listed. If it is not you need an updated .inf file. Check any disks that came with the monitor or go to the manufactures website. Also, under the monitor tab make sure Auto detect Plug and Play monitors has a check mark. (For this to work your monitor has to be turned on before your power the system or at least before Windows starts to load). To load a new monitor .inf file select "change". Select "Have Disk" and direct the selection to the new .inf file.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for help.
Finally the problem here was that the monitor (Hyundai DeluxScan P210)is listed but not fully recognized by the card. So it's mainly drivers issue. It climbed up to 75Hz with drivers for the previous hardware version (DeluxScan21) and that gave me an idea to try some other stuff. Well, sounds silly, but it works perfectly with drivers for IBM 201 screen. Mystery... Just hope surprises end here.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
In the past I have suggested trying another monitor driver as quick fix. Guess I forgot about that one.

Windows occasionally redetects your monitor and thus loads the old driver with whatever timings are in the .inf file. Getting an .inf file with the correct information is the best, most permanent fix.

If you are feeling ambitious, you can cut and paste the correct timing information from the IBM .inf file into Hyundai .inf file. Be careful. Incorrect timing can damage your monitor.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001
I need some time just to enjoy the whole thing working, though your tip is full of sense. I'll certainly try it one day.