Geforce3 Ti200 power overload??

drod252

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if I should expect problems with this card. I'm replacing a RIVA TNT 16mb card with a GeForce3 Ti200 64mb card. It's manufactured by ChainTech. I have a 200 watt power supply. I read somewhere on these forums that the GeForce card might overload my power supply? Is this true? What would I need to do if this happens? I haven't gotten the card yet. I ordered it, should get it next week.

These are my system specs (if needed...I'm no expert on this stuff)
Pent III 450 mhz
1 AGP slot
320 mb SDRAM
200 watt power supply

Thanks... :)
drod

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
If you like your computer case, get a new powersupply. If you don't like your case, get a new case and power supply.

I like the Antec True Power supplies, as they give great and steady power, are priced very well, and have temerature sensitive fan controlers for case fans so that they are much quieter, although that makes for a slightly higher idle temp.

I'd get a 350W or better PSU. It will be much more usefull when you upgrade your computer later.

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader

drod252

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
Well, I have to say that was not what I wanted to hear (read) lol, but it's good to know these things. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll have to do that.

On my way to a bigger upgrade, I guess.

Thanks again :)
drod