General Questions on Lenovo Laptops and TPM with Windows 10

Jun 12, 2021
I have a corporate issued Lenovo Laptop sitting around unused. System BIOS is protected by password. Windows 10 has TPM enabled. No local admin access.

I am not trying to hack the system or disable encryption protection or anything - since I'd like to return and upgrade this piece in the future.

I am just curious if it's possible to repurpose this laptop by throwing in a new M.2 drive and install OS from scratch. I want to be able to swtich back and forth between my corporate and personal drives with no impact to either profiles.

Thanks.

bignastyid

Titan
I forgot to mention : Sys Admins left the Boot Order menu unlocked on this model, so I can easily boot from USB (or wipe the existing install clean).

Given such as the case, could you elaborate why I still need to access BIOS? I don't want to clear/disable the TPM.

Thanks.
You may want to verify with the IT dept that installing a new drive and reinstalling the OS won't get you fired. In many/most corporate environments this kind of activity on a corporate system would get you canned.