Genius Intros New Gaming Keyboard with Backlit Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I dont understand all these "gaming" keyboards with these stupid looking designs and whatnot...that sort of "gaming" style is setup to appeal to 13 year olds, and how many of those are on PC instead of a console. A gaming keyboard is more something like the Corsair k60, simple with mechanical keys....all the other "gaming""extras" are just useless

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, don't really care for the design but I love the cheap full size and backlit idea, and the capability for rapid typing.

Even if you like mecha keys, this super cheap option is good for everyone

"The new Genius KB-G265 keyboard also comes packed with eight silver key caps so that more important keys can be made more invisible." Ok then. :D But While it seems a bit cheap and isn't mechanical I love any keyboard that is built well and has LEDs. I'm a sucker for that.

Thorfkin

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
It bugs me that the phrase "gaming keyboard" gets used so often to describe standard keyboards that add gaming-agnostic features like macro support or key mapping. In my opinion this Genius is not a "gaming keyboard" but just a blinged-up office keyboard. This -> http://steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/steelseries-merc-stealth <- is a gaming keyboard. It has features that are specifically designed for gaming and, in my own experience, make PC gaming a significantly better experience. I wish more companies would release a variety of gaming keyboard with a set of gaming keys like the Merc Stealth. That and I still want Steelseries to make a wireless version of theirs =D

Status
Not open for further replies.