Genius Now Selling 3-in-1 PC Gaming Combo Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceOTB

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Genius products is of questionable quality. I've lost trust in Genius more than a decade ago. I don't know if they've stepped up their game today though.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]BruceOTB[/nom]Genius products is of questionable quality.[/citation]Had "Genius" products fail on me after 3 months. Most of their products fails before reaching 1 year. It's being more than a decade since I've got something from them.

I prefer to pay some 'premium' cost to buy Logitech hardware that will last over 7 years (I've a keyboard/mouse combo with more than 8 years already, another with 6ys and another with 5 years). 3 Combos in my life and all working as if it were the 1st day.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I retired my Logitech MX510 gaming mouse after 8 years only because the feet had fallen off and I couldn't find replacements anywhere. When it comes to peripherals, I'll pay for the name and quality I know and trust.

eric_son

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]dscudella[/nom]I retired my Logitech MX510 gaming mouse after 8 years only because the feet had fallen off and I couldn't find replacements anywhere. When it comes to peripherals, I'll pay for the name and quality I know and trust.[/citation]
Hahah! Same here. I retired my MX510 after 10 years! And I replaced it with its spiritual successor -- the MX518.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Sorry Genius, but non-mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Black/Red) is not an RTS gaming keyboard.

My MX-510's right click broke like 6 years ago from playing Warcraft III too much. I replaced it with G3 and now I'm pretty pissed that Logitech doesn't have any mouse similar to it for when this one dies on me.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
There's a lot of quality gear on sale right now, the Logitech g9x mouse that Tom's did a review on a couple weeks back is marked down from $99 to $39 on amazon, and I've seen the 2012 version of the Razer mechanical new on sale for $50-60 open box. This combo isn't that great of a deal.

According to: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=947&Itemid=65

keyboard is made of crap and plastic, no n-key rollover/ghosting, smaller key layout and non functioning extra buttons on the keyboard. What qualifies it as a "gaming" keyboard exactly?

This is a classic case of: on sale for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.