[SOLVED] Gentle settings for 24/7 mining with RTX 3060 Ti ?

Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys,

I simply want to know, if oc the vram is damaging my 3060ti card?
I am mining currently 24/7.
I set a PL of 60%, Fans at 71%, GPU is running with -500 MHz and the vram with +1178 MHz (using afterburner (funny word lol).
The GPU temp. is at 55 degree C (=328 K), but the vram has no temperatur sensor.
Could you please give me an advice if I damage my graphics card?

BR,

Chris

Solution
As you are using the card for mining which it wasn’t designed for and the cards have only been on the market for a short time it’s impossible to say what the long term impact will be on its life. It’s the gamble you take with mining. After seeing the insane VRAM temps that can occur on the 3080 & 3090 (GDDR6X) which can monitor vram temps I do wonder what temps cards with GDDR6 are hitting. I only looked into GDDR6X as I run a 3080. I decided mining was not worth the risk and I’d prefer to just buy Bitcoin/Ethereum as a gamble/investment.
As you are using the card for mining which it wasn’t designed for and the cards have only been on the market for a short time it’s impossible to say what the long term impact will be on its life. It’s the gamble you take with mining. After seeing the insane VRAM temps that can occur on the 3080 & 3090 (GDDR6X) which can monitor vram temps I do wonder what temps cards with GDDR6 are hitting. I only looked into GDDR6X as I run a 3080. I decided mining was not worth the risk and I’d prefer to just buy Bitcoin/Ethereum as a gamble/investment.

Solution
Mar 11, 2021

Would you assume that with a PL of 60 percent the vram is getting hot with oc?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Your settings look about right this is what was recommended for that card.
  • Core Voltage (VDD): NA
  • Power Limit (%): 60% or 130 (W)
  • Core Clock (CClock): -500
  • Memory Clock (MClock): +1100 or 2200
  • Fan Speed (%): 70% or more/less based on your temps.
With a return of about 60 Mh/s

Not sure I would use the term damaging. It should last about just as long as a card used for gaming 24/7 of course their always a chance any card can fail gaming or mining.

On a side not in July with EIP 1559 should be interesting on the market changes.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021
Your settings look about right this is what was recommended for that card.
  • Core Voltage (VDD): NA
  • Power Limit (%): 60% or 130 (W)
  • Core Clock (CClock): -500
  • Memory Clock (MClock): +1100 or 2200
  • Fan Speed (%): 70% or more/less based on your temps.
With a return of about 60 Mh/s

Not sure I would use the term damaging. It should last about just as long as a card used for gaming 24/7 of course their always a chance any card can fail gaming or mining.

On a side not in July with EIP 1559 should be interesting on the market changes.
Hi,

I have a rate of about 60 MH/s yes!
The card takes 120 Watt.
Would you think that oc vram increases the temp of the vram?

Mar 11, 2021
Mar 11, 2021
Wasn’t aware any did. I’d take a look at this, yes it’s about the 3080 and 3090 but the point is mining on GDDR6X. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/hwinfo64-adds-gddr6x-temp-monitoring-rtx30series
Thanks for the advice, but i have downloaded 6.43 of hw info and I ve got no new line for junction vram temp, but a line for gpu hotspot 69 degree celsius while gpu temp is about 55 degrees celsius.
I feel a little bit stuck, because I dont know if I should decrease oc or not...

Mar 11, 2021
Ok it is wrong about the x of the vram.
In the product descrition Zotac says the rtx 3060 ti has gddr6x but below in the technical data they say just gddr6.

Does anybody know a way to get the temps of the gddr of the rtx 3060 ti?

D

Deleted member 2838871

I only looked into GDDR6X as I run a 3080. I decided mining was not worth the risk and I’d prefer to just buy Bitcoin/Ethereum as a gamble/investment.

I agree... I'd rather just gamble on the stock market. It paid off in 2020.