Get All Old Quake Games for Just $15

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I've probably played more Quake (I) than any other video game. Back then I used to play Team Fortress every day (for years). It is way better than either the TF for Halflife or TF2.

Does anybody else remember playing the 'build you player' maps where you got a limited number of points and could build you player from the ground up (speed, armor, weapons, grappling hook, etc)? You could even select the ability to summon creatures. You got blood points for knife kills that would allow you to summon Fiends and even Shamblers. Who needs an auto turret when you can summon a Shambler in the enemy base.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
The original quake was so far ahead of its time, everything came together including the graphics and that sound track by Reznor was money. First time I played it was a memorable experience. I still have a couple of those tracks burned to a CD.

idlerp

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
According to game-monitor.com there are 3,100 people playing Quake 3 right now. That includes mods too, but to give a comparison only 71 are playing Quake 4, 9000 something playing Battlefield 2, and 7700 playing Left 4 Dead 2.

JohnMD1022

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I cannot find where in their offer it states that it is for download only.

I immediately requested a cancellation/refund.

They are refusing to comply

RIPOFF!!!

randomizer

Champion

Well you'd need a Glide wrapper first, otherwise you wouldn't render a single frame ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.