Get BioShock Free After Installing GameFly Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Sooo, I'm guessing it was only valid for a few hours. I installed the client, created an account, and BioShock only shows up as a $20 purchase. I wonder if I can cancel my account...

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I as well don't see it as being free, I do however see it is the top seller. So it leads me to believe it was limited by copies or time.

Graham_71

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Iv never had any problems with Gamefly ever since being a direcr2drive customer.
You do have to go through the motion of paying for BioShock but the amount is 0

They have a sale every weekend & every midweek, got Rage for £5.09, Skyrim was £14.99 for Quakecom 2012....

Got a problem with BioShock though, there's music in the start menu but no sound in the game, oh-well.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
"Now there's a whole new way to rent and buy console and PC games"

Back in the good old days you could ONLY buy games. You either had them, or you didn't. I purchased my Age of Empires 2 CD over 10 years ago, and I still have it, therefore I can still play it if I choose to.

What's this newfangled rubbish with "renting" games? Same with downloading 'em. I'd 10x rather buy a CD than download a game.

volkov956

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Yea I still prefer buying Physical copies I have to even Import them as well since most publishers in NA refuse physical Copies of lots of games now but strangly Europe and AUstralia still sell them so kudos to them

Steam constantly has Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for $4.99 during a lot of Holiday sales. Or they have both as a bundle for $9.99. I picked them both up last Christmas Holiday.

I agree, I do not want another client when I have Steam. Since I have an SSD as my root drive, Steam allows me to back up the game to a file on my data drive if I want to tuck it away for another time or just so I never have to fully download it again. I already also have Origin because EA forced there hand, bastards.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]billgatez[/nom]Id rather pay the 20 bucks for the steam version then install a another dam game client store on my Computer.[/citation]

One of the hot games of the season, the XCOM (2012):

Gamefly - 36 Euro (29 british pounds
Steam - 49 Euro

'nuff said?

G

I was able to get a free copy of Bioshock.

The gamefly client, unlike steam, installs the game directly with no extra DRM. Gamefly usually has sales the either compete with or beat steam sales.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
[citation][nom]_Myst[/nom]I was able to get a free copy of Bioshock.The gamefly client, unlike steam, installs the game directly with no extra DRM. Gamefly usually has sales the either compete with or beat steam sales.[/citation]

Every game i bought on steam i just click buy and it downloads. When done i click play and it runs. OR if it's a CD i type in the key one time and that's it.
Gameflys low prices are because they must compete with steam. And if you wait for a steam sale you can get games for nex to nothing.

[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]"Now there's a whole new way to rent and buy console and PC games"Back in the good old days you could ONLY buy games. You either had them, or you didn't. I purchased my Age of Empires 2 CD over 10 years ago, and I still have it, therefore I can still play it if I choose to.What's this newfangled rubbish with "renting" games? Same with downloading 'em. I'd 10x rather buy a CD than download a game.[/citation]

I don't know where you are from. But I was able to rent games back in the 80's starting with Atari up to the present. As the article mentioned renting is for the console games.

Hell I would love it if I could rent Windows games. Most I don't play because I have to buy them. If it is some massive game that will take a long time to beat like Oblivion or the Rome: Total War I am happy to buy it.

Something like a first person shooter I don't bother with because once I have beat a game I am done with it. I don't see the interest some people have playing the same level 100's of times against total strangers in online battle. I'd rather just rent it.

kellybean

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
[citation][nom]InvalidError[/nom]Both of my sisters and both of my parents use computers mostly for browsing, reading/writing mail, Youtube, Facebook and online banking. Most of their friends (and most of mine) have similar usage patterns. All these people really need is a screen of some sort (smart-TV, smartphone, tablet, convertible/hybrid, etc.) with keyboard, they do not need a conventional PC.This is where PC/laptop sales are going to hurt most: non-gamer non-professional PC users realizing that they can now do just about everything they used their PCs for on a $200 tablet and smartphone/tablet computing should get much better with new/upcoming products featuring 2GB RAM.[/citation]
While I agree I still say that a PC/Apple (Same) with a multi-button mouse and keyboard smoke the consoles now and will still be above the next generation consoles. My MSI 560Ti and Q9650 will wipe the floor with any Peee S4 or Crapbox 720, here me Bethesda!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.