Get Duke Nukem 3D Free for a Limited Time, and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]maverick1776[/nom]Free? Yay! Wait........ no, not even for free. My hard drive space is worth more than that.[/citation]

Yeah those 5.5 megabytes could easily be put to better use, like 3 wallpapers!

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I used to play it on the N64 & it was absolutely awesome. There's just something about 2d monsters in a 3d environment that makes me all giddy.

G

[citation][nom]Dax Corrin[/nom]So...will it run on Windows 7?[/citation]

This is one of the primary differences between GOG and other services like Steam. While Steam may offer a pack of games, the older ones may not even work. This was the case with me when I ordered the Rockstar Pack. However, GOG fully tests all games and makes sure they are working before they sell them. Whether that consists of using Dosbox or some other kind of emulation software for older games, they do all the hard work for you, so you don't have to worry about it.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]michalmierzwa[/nom]Why in the right state of mind would you even want to play this BAD release???[/citation]
Uhhh... I think you're thinking of Duke Nukem Forever, because Duke Nukem 3D was absolutely epic.

[citation][nom]Dax Corrin[/nom]So...will it run on Windows 7?[/citation]

Yes it does - just download it and install and they take care of all the setup for you so all you have to do is double click the desktop icon and it starts.

Also if you don't already have an account when you go to download it you also get about 10 other free games just for signing up. Including -- Teen Agent, Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, Tyrian 2000, Dragonsphere, Ultima 4:Quest of the Avatar, Warsow, Worllds of Ultima :The Savage Empire, Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams, and Treasure Adventure Game. So not a bad deal for Free !

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Had many fun times with this game over lans.

One memory sticks in my head and think about it every time seeing duke3d is the time i found out about a bug wallclip on the first level crouching on the window seal at the secret room above the palm tree. Moving forward on it would send me down to the arcade room...Heh i took advantage of my little secret and made sure someone seen me go up there and return to flank.

Was hilarious, that secret room would be bombarded as i stood around the far corner watching >:D

From the manual:

1. Place the CD into the CD-ROM drive. Type the letter of the drive followed by a colon and press the ENTER key. Example: D:<ENTER>.
2. Type INSTALL and press the ENTER key.

I dunno about you all, but that makes me nostalgic as $#+!...

Edit: If you use square brackets for "tags"--i.e. bold, italic, whatever--why the hell would something between angle brackets disappear, along with the brackets themselves, if I don't embed the brackets in formatting tags? Come on, Tom's...

yesindeedy

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Duke 3d was amazing. Unfortunately, more recently the woman hating sociopaths at Gearbox software completely ruined the duke for me, sorry.

Duke and any product related to him is officially boycotted for the rest of my life.

G

JDFan 12/13/2012 9:23 PM

Hide

-6+

Dax Corrin :
So...will it run on Windows 7?

Yes it does - just download it and install and they take care of all the setup for you so all you have to do is double click the desktop icon and it starts.

Also if you don't already have an account when you go to download it you also get about 10 other free games just for signing up. Including -- Teen Agent, Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, Tyrian 2000, Dragonsphere, Ultima 4:Quest of the Avatar, Warsow, Worllds of Ultima :The Savage Empire, Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams, and Treasure Adventure Game. So not a bad deal for Free !

I'll give you a bucket of shit for free, does that make it a good deal? Hell, I'll even drop it off on your doorstep.
Just because something is "free" doesn't me it isn't shit.

That game should be free for how old It is anyway, and all those crappy games you mentioned should be F2P aswell.

Talk about a sewer of games you mentioned.

lilcinw

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
GOG is my favorite way to buy games, bar none. They do everything right, from the prices, to the great sales, to the complete lack of compatibility issues. Oh, did I mention NO DRM? I love the fact that I can download the installer for a game and use it wherever and whenever I want.

I can't tell you how many games I have in a retail box that I have repurchased on GOG because the service is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.