Get in Touch with Your Inner English Major with this Jane Austen MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Who is the targeted audience for this game? I would imagine that population is rather tiny. Now, adding a SDK for users to make mods to turn into a FPS could spice this up a bit...Just a suggestion.

D

Deleted member 217926

Oh yeah this has zombie shooter written all over it. Why not? They did an Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie! It could even be good with Victorian weapons. :lol:

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm tempted to give to it just for its originality and while I don't oppose violence in video games it is nice to see a non-violent game that is still aimed at a older audience.

I'm tempted to give to it just for its originality and while I don't oppose violence in video games it is nice to see a non-violent game that is still aimed at a older audience.
I agree its nice to see a non-violent game. I don't play FPSs except for vintage ones like Doom.
But this is kind of weird - not sure what the target of it is.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Eh, you'd be surprised. Millions upon millions of people around the world like Jane Austen - including a good number of young people - and something tells me that they don't like gunning down demons with a machine gun. There are countless usual-genre and violent games out there, but this one is going to be unique, to say the least. I'd be shocked if this didn't have a mid-sized audience interested in it if it's actually well done, and the gaming industry *really* needs more originality like this rather than more knuckleheads pumping out FPS's ad nauseam.

I have no interest in this game, but... If you want some FPS/RTS/kill aliens/demons/Nazis/terrorist game or whatever, play one of the gazillion of them already on the market and leave this one alone.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Let there be no doubt that Jane Austen represents truly classic literature and boasts an incredible following. Those fans are likely the targeted audience, but is that group a gaming audience? And will enough of them subscribe to make this effort profitable?

Time will tell. I wish the developers luck (and a sense of humor in the vein that most of the comments offered here provided).

Status
Not open for further replies.