'Get It Early' Preorders For Steam Hardware Sold Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
The Link seemed interesting. But I don't see any reason to have pre-ordered it without some sort of incentive like a discount. The only reason I have an Amazon Fire Stick is because it was half-price for Prime members to pre-order.

I'm certainly not going to pay full price to pre-order a product that could very well be rubbish when it comes out. *cough*Batman*cough*

I dare you to name one product that VALVe has ever released that has been complete rubbish. Most of their games are vastly popular.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I was going to order one but then I reliezed I have i7 4790K with 24GB RAM and 250SSD and 2TB drive, a GTX 970 card, oh well I guess I have to wait for something more impress than my home pc

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i feel like that steam controller is a little too late... the xone controller with the dongle is coming out and i already know how that looks and feels. seems like less of a risk with that than to get a completely new kind of controller for a similar price range.

You can easily build an i3 machine with 8GB RAM, GTX 960, 120GB SSD for OS, 1TB for apps and data, 500W PSU, mATX or mini-ITX motherboard, and mATX or mini-ITX case for around $600 (OS another $100). Change to an i5 and GTX 980 and you're talking around $1K.

To put it into perspective, I run a GTX 960 with an i3-2100 on a 40" TV and it games well beyond any console plus I can do everything else with it you'd do on a PC.

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I already have a laptop I can use in home streaming and my wireless display adapter on the TV for. if anyone pays in excess of $1000 for one of these machines they are burnt

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
okay Tom's, your auto-playing embedded videos that steal my ability to scroll in your articles are driving me f'ing nuts. Are you shitting me? Every time I pause one of those suckers, scroll back to where I was reading, it f'ing starts playing again, auto-scrolling up or down from where I was reading. This is EVEN MORE annoying than the previous(?) video ad's that would 'auto-collapse' after they finished, resulting in the page 'resizing' its content, suddenly moving the text you are reading by a paragraph or more. ITS SO F'ING ANNOYING I'm about to give up on reading stuff on this site. And IF I happen to stay, you bet I'll start blocking ads. I understand you need revenue, but you are way overdoing it. Not sure what group within Tom's is ultimately responsible, but they are IDIOTS.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008

I'm sorry, but yes your right.

fil333

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I dare you to name one product that VALVe has ever released that has been complete rubbish. Most of their games are vastly popular.

Ricochet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS