Question Getting 100% Disk Usage spikes every 10-15 minutes.

Mar 21, 2019
I've tried reading and following solutions to the 100% disk usage infinity threads, with no avail. Though i have realized my problem is somewhat different from the usual problem. Instead of having 100% disk usage all the time, i get 100% disk usage every 10 or 15 minutes. Which causes whatever program im using to freeze for around 10-15 seconds. If i alt+tab to another program it works perfectly, only the program i was currently using freezes. It could be a game, a video, spotify, windows configuration. My SSD is completely NEW, and i have tried clean installs over and over. First it starts perfectly, but when i reset for updates is when it starts failing I believe.

Also something that happens when i play World of Warcraft... sometimes it doesnt freeze but Sound starts looping or stuterring, and I cant see the spells i throw or anything, and 10-15 seconds later everything resmues and i see everyspell cast in like 1 or 2 seconds. When this happens, im also at 100% disk usage.

Anyone encountered something similar or could help me itentify my problem? Solutions to the most similar problems i have mentioned something about Intel Rapid Storage Tecnology, but i cant even instal that due to some "platform not supported" error.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
  1. Hold the Windows Key, while pressing “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
  2. Type “services.msc“, then press “Enter“.
  3. The Services window displays. Find “Superfetch” in the list.
  4. Right-click “Superfetch“, then select “Properties“.
  5. Select the “Stop” button

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Also try resetting Virtual Memory, if something goes wrong with the pagefile.sys, it can cause 100% disk usage issue on your Windows 10 computer. That’s the reason why you need to reset/reconfigure virtual memory settings to make sure everything is fine.

Mar 21, 2019
So i found a fix for my problem, apparently theres some history with Kingstons SSD 500 series.

Found that info in here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/very-slow-kingston-ssd.1795938/

Also for a complete fix at least from my side, i downloaded the ssdmanager from kingston:
https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

And the ssdmanager updated my firmware, after a restart, havnt gotten a freeze for now. It happened every 15 min so, i guess i can call it a fix if its been hours without a freeze.

Thanks for the help, and i hope whoever runs to this problem can fix it asap cuz its annoying af!

Reactions: SkyRock1986