Question Getting a 3060 Ti

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
So I've had an RX580 for roughly 2 1/2 years now, and although it's served me well, I've noticed its performance degrading recently. I replaced the thermal paste and pads a few months ago, so at this point I know it's just my card getting old. As of now, it's still functional, and has only slowed down slightly. However, I know that soon it may very well keel over and die, and with this knowledge, I know I need a suitable replacement for it. I'm not willing to spend copious amounts of money for a slight upgrade from my RX580, as I've found it's power a little limiting in certain situations from time to time. This problem brings forth the 3060 Ti as the ideal option. Fast, new, and (it was supposed to be) cheap! Unfortunately, cryptomining has skyrocketed the prices and made getting one impossible, from what I've found. I wanted to know if anyone has any method they'd recommend to get a 3060 Ti. Everything I've seen has led me to believe it may be impossible to get one without waiting a year or more.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
"Now in stock" is a pretty accurate parts tracker. I just google "3060ti now in stock". It tells you current availability and price of major sites like Amazon, Newegg, Bestbuy, B&H Photo, etc.

And if you have made up your mind on a 3060ti just hit the buy button when you see it in stock. It will be out of stock again before you can blink. Just make sure you have done your research on the different brands and read a few reviews to make sure you aren't buying one that you will regret. EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte are all good brands and most will give better and quieter cooling than an FE card.

Last edited:

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Sorry, where do I find the place where it lists the drawing for different products? I have an account but that link leads me to a blank page that says "session expired".

It's "Newegg Shuffle" which is basically a lottery on certain high-demand products. 3060 Ti is often there but not always. It is still not cheap, you're talking $530+ USD and often over $600 USD.

And that's if you win. I tried about 30 times and failed, including trying to get a 3070 a few times.

I'm just going to wait for Intel's new ARC GPUs to launch and see what happens now, I'm thinking either it will be fast enough to justify buying for me (coming from a 2060) or perhaps reduce the pricing pressure on other GPUs a bit.

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
It's "Newegg Shuffle" which is basically a lottery on certain high-demand products. 3060 Ti is often there but not always. It is still not cheap, you're talking $530+ USD and often over $600 USD.

And that's if you win. I tried about 30 times and failed, including trying to get a 3070 a few times.

I'm just going to wait for Intel's new ARC GPUs to launch and see what happens now, I'm thinking either it will be fast enough to justify buying for me (coming from a 2060) or perhaps reduce the pricing pressure on other GPUs a bit.
Ah. I'm not aware of these Intel GPUs - are they rumored to be strong enough to justify waiting for them to release instead of attempting to buy a 3000 series now?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

I been picked 3 times out of about 50 entries.

TRENDING THREADS