Question getting a printer on network

bigrig658

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone been a long time since I posted anything but I have a interesting problem , I have a pantum printer that is wifi comparable, but the only way to get it on my wifi is if the router has a wps button. Now my one isp the router had one so there was no problem getting it on the network but I changed provider so the router I now have has no such button . the router is a eero brand and there is no normal web page to get into the setting for it ,its all controlled by a app on my phone . The printer only has the connect by wps on it , also I can not do what you would normally do and look up my network and just put in a password and name to connect .
So here is the question can I take a Netgear router that does have the wps setup and make it into a repeater then have the printer hook to that router??? And I no some of you are going to tell me to hard wire the printer , but to do that I would have to run a cord 50+feet thru my house and not really why I got this printer for , I need it wifi so anything I.e phone, pc and laptops can all hook to it .
also don't think I don't no things and say stupid stuff this is just something in all my yrs seeing something like this
Thank you in advance for any thought on this

js2

Jul 16, 2024
Hi everyone been a long time since I posted anything but I have a interesting problem , I have a pantum printer that is wifi comparable, but the only way to get it on my wifi is if the router has a wps button. Now my one isp the router had one so there was no problem getting it on the network but I changed provider so the router I now have has no such button . the router is a eero brand and there is no normal web page to get into the setting for it ,its all controlled by a app on my phone . The printer only has the connect by wps on it , also I can not do what you would normally do and look up my network and just put in a password and name to connect .
So here is the question can I take a Netgear router that does have the wps setup and make it into a repeater then have the printer hook to that router??? And I no some of you are going to tell me to hard wire the printer , but to do that I would have to run a cord 50+feet thru my house and not really why I got this printer for , I need it wifi so anything I.e phone, pc and laptops can all hook to it .
also don't think I don't no things and say stupid stuff this is just something in all my yrs seeing something like this
Thank you in advance for any thought on this
You can make a raspberry pi print server for the printer, else just buy a second hand one.

I need it wifi so anything I.e phone, pc and laptops can all hook to it
I don't think you understand the purpose of a network printer. Once it's on the network, all of your devices can access it wired or using the wifi on your router. You don't have to use the wifi radio in the printer.

This means you could move the printer 50' to next to the router, and still print from anywhere you have wifi. That way you can have a more reliable wired connection to the printer.

If you insist on using two wireless links (one from client to router, and another to the printer), then a spare router configured as an AP (not a repeater, so it would have to be next to the router) can indeed be used to connect to the printer using WPS. But if you had a spare router it would be much better to configure it as a wireless client or bridge, and then connect the printer to it via ethernet without having to use WPS. This means you would put the spare router next to the printer, and it essentially replaces the radio in the printer.