Question Getting a VGA light on the Mobo

Cubixty

Honorable
Jun 19, 2019
So I've bought a PC from Cash Converters which they have claimed that it was fully tested before sale. Upon receiving the PC I had noticed that one of the legs had broken off presumably during shipping, other than that there was no indication of any internal damage. When I tried to turn the PC on I got the VGA light on the motherboard and I instantly suspected the graphics card. I've swapped out the faulty 3070ti with a 2060 Super from a working pc and it booted up with no problems. Just to make sure it wasn't a 1 off I've also tested it with my 970 and that was working with no problems as well . I have also removed the CMOS battery and put it back in. I have also checked the GPU for any cracks or abnormalities but nothing that I can see. At this point I'm 99% sure its a faulty graphics card but the PC is for a friend from abroad and I don't want to go through the hassle of re-wrapping the pc and sending it back. Was wondering if there's anything I can do.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that when plugging in the Keyboard and Mouse there is no RGB and they dont work. Same thing also applies to the light that should be on the GPU (Gigabyte logo should light up) though this may only be a software issue

Specs:

CPU : i7-11700KF
Mobo : Gigabyte Z590
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070ti
RAM : 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengance
PSU : Corsair CV650 650W

any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you drop the presumed faulty GPU into another build with power from a 750W reliably built unit?

The difference between the cards you've listed above are their power draws, I would try and source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and see if the issue persists.

Cubixty

Honorable
Jun 19, 2019
Did you drop the presumed faulty GPU into another build with power from a 750W reliably built unit?

The difference between the cards you've listed above are their power draws, I would try and source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and see if the issue persists.
I have also thought of this but unfortunately dont have anyone I can borrow a 750W PSU from. Do you think its possible to buy one from Amazon and try it and if it doesnt work return it?