[SOLVED] getting an ssd

Nov 22, 2020
hey i have a GA-H87N-WIFI mobo and a Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX with 1 Internal 2.5" Bays 3 Internal 3.5" Bays. im using 2 bays atm. i want a SSD 2.5" 500GB Crucial MX500, but i dont know what to buy with it i know i will need a sata-to-usb cable but i have no idea which one to chose if i even matters or not. will i need anything else or is this all? thank you for you help

Solution
hey i have a GA-H87N-WIFI mobo and a Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX with 1 Internal 2.5" Bays 3 Internal 3.5" Bays. im using 2 bays atm. i want a SSD 2.5" 500GB Crucial MX500, but i dont know what to buy with it i know i will need a sata-to-usb cable but i have no idea which one to chose if i even matters or not. will i need anything else or is this all? thank you for you help
Just buy a SSD and some Sata Cables... You will be able to Install your SSD on your PC with Screws (screws may be included with your cabinet).. Install your SSD and Connector it's all cables.. and Install OS on it.. you will be good to go..

If you want to use it externally or may be you want to buy Sata To USB converter.. then I suggest you to...
Regardless of your case, the mainboard has 4 SATA connectors, so, as long as you have an available power connector to get power to it, and have it connected to an unused SATA port, you can use it stuck anywhere there are a few inches of room in the case. (If your OS drive is currently a spinner, I'd clone it's partitions to the SSD with Macrium Reflect, then power off , disconnect the original OS drive, set BIOS boot priority order to boot from the SSD, and make sure everything works the same (but faster, 15 second boot times instead of 1 minute, etc.)

YOu can even double side tape or tie strap an SSD almost anywhere if you are short of bays due to a smallish case...

Reactions: syponis
Just buy a SSD and some Sata Cables... You will be able to Install your SSD on your PC with Screws (screws may be included with your cabinet).. Install your SSD and Connector it's all cables.. and Install OS on it.. you will be good to go..

If you want to use it externally or may be you want to buy Sata To USB converter.. then I suggest you to pick any generic Sata 3 to USB 3.0 converter/2.5inch HDD enclosure... Those are available at very cheap price on Amazon.. or you can get one from local shop

Reactions: syponis
Solution