[SOLVED] Getting BSOD all the time after changing hardware

Hugo Bryan

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Hello, I'm getting blue screens all over the place after I changed my motherboard, my gpu and put another ddr4 ram to enable dual channel.
First, I swapped my motherboard and gpu, changed the drivers and tried, i was getting multiple bluescreens , so I thought the problem was some conflict with the older drivers.
So I did a fresh windows installation, I just tested, and I'm still getting BSOD while playing. Last one I got was "irql driver_not_less_or_equal" but I also got "dpc watchdog violation"

Here's some info that may remove suspicions about the BSOD's

Temperatures stays cold :
CPU (i5-6600k not OC'ed) 65C while on load;
GPU (GTX 1070) 68-70 on load (Running latest 419.35 drivers);
The new RAM is exactly the same as the other one;
I ran Memtest64 and got no erros;
My motherboard is a z270 asrock killer SLI;
Windows are running on a clean SSD, but the games are storaged on a very faulty 1tb HDD (I'm getting SMART warnings about this specific hard drive) (maybe this can cause problems?);
Upgraded the bios to the latest version.

I really don't want to believe that my GPU or motherboard already came with some kind of problem

Also, maybe this is related to the PSU?
my PSU is a very cheap and generic PSU (400w), can PSU cause so many BSOD?
I noticed that this only happens while on load (stress tests or gaming)

Here is the bluescreen dump file
View: https://imgur.com/a/5dZ4m2g

Last edited:
Solution
Guys, a little update
I did some deep research about what can cause the "DPC watchdog" and the "irql driver_not_less_or_equal" BSOD. Turns out people were getting this after overclocking theirs cpus, mine was at stock at 3.50ghz so I overclocked to 4.2ghz and changed the core voltage to 1.33v

I left to work and let my pc running metro exodus for about 7 hours, still no crashes
Weird isn't it?

Hugo Bryan

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, a little update
I did some deep research about what can cause the "DPC watchdog" and the "irql driver_not_less_or_equal" BSOD. Turns out people were getting this after overclocking theirs cpus, mine was at stock at 3.50ghz so I overclocked to 4.2ghz and changed the core voltage to 1.33v

I left to work and let my pc running metro exodus for about 7 hours, still no crashes
Weird isn't it?

Solution

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Sure is. I no idea what could possibly cause that on a stock setup with a fresh install of Windows and all updates completed. I guess just keep it OC'd and things will be fine? I assume that was the plan anyway.