[SOLVED] Getting Dell Workstation & Need help

dan99t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hi.

I am buying a new Dell workstation with Windows 11 Pro for Workstation and Dell is asking me to choose from following options to put in factory before shipping out. I am going to use this workstation for my personal use only and not for any business. I am not tech savvy so I just want a clean & simple Win-11 without any Dell junk. I will load all my apps & Antivirus & Anti malware etc. myself.

They are also recommending not to order Win-11 with new 22H2 update because they say it has problems & they are working with Microsoft for that.

Please help. Thank You.

Here is what they sent me in email.

You may choose avail either or all of the below services as part of Pro Deployment offering:

Load a generic/ready Image

Load an Image: WIM; Ghost; ISO; or ImageAssist.

Custom BIOS configuration

BIOS Logo Flash - Please provide us with the logo preferably in black background in BMP format (256 color) with a resolution of 640 x 480 upto 2 mb size.

Asset Label/Tagging – samples below.

Standard Asset Report

Onsite Installation

Once the scope is confirmed, we will set-up the project in TechDirect for your review and submission.

Testing period:
7 business days for project set-up and testing at factory as per project scope in TechDirect. Upon successful testing, we will send you the screenshots of the label/ BIOS for your perusal.
The orders will be released for production upon your approval.

Thanks again.

Solution
Hi.

I am buying a new Dell workstation with Windows 11 Pro for Workstation and Dell is asking me to choose from following options to put in factory before shipping out. I am going to use this workstation for my personal use only and not for any business. I am not tech savvy so I just want a clean & simple Win-11 without any Dell junk. I will load all my apps & Antivirus & Anti malware etc. myself.

They are also recommending not to order Win-11 with new 22H2 update because they say it has problems & they are working with Microsoft for that.

Please help. Thank You.

You may choose avail either or all of the below services as part of Pro Deployment offering:

Load a generic/ready Image...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi.

Please help. Thank You.

Load a generic/ready Image

Load an Image: WIM; Ghost; ISO; or ImageAssist.

Custom BIOS configuration

BIOS Logo Flash - Please provide us with the logo preferably in black background in BMP format (256 color) with a resolution of 640 x 480 upto 2 mb size.

Asset Label/Tagging – samples below.

Standard Asset Report

Onsite Installation

Once the scope is confirmed, we will set-up the project in TechDirect for your review and submission.

Testing period:
7 business days for project set-up and testing at factory as per project scope in TechDirect. Upon successful testing, we will send you the screenshots of the label/ BIOS for your perusal.
The orders will be released for production upon your approval.

Thanks again.
Most of those options would be for a large organization. State Farm insurance might want their logo to appear on boot and have a specific OS image they want pre-loaded.
Most of that should be N/A to you as an individual. I think your technical per-sales POC is failing you by not giving you any guidance.

Solution