Question Getting Flickering Trouble, Monitor / Graphics Card

Jun 6, 2022
Hello, currently I have a win10 system (Intel 7500) with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card. I recently changed monitors from an old 16:10 24" HP at 1920x1200 to an LG 32QN55T 32" QHD monitor which runs 2560x1440 (Costco special). I also have the text size set for 150% if that makes a difference. Now with the new configuration the monitor flickers/flashes but only in random isolated areas, not the whole display at once, and only when there is motion or I've just stopped motion such as scrolling, or moving the mouse around. If the image is static then it is ok so like a refresh issue maybe. Any ideas what is causing this? Do I have a faulty monitor? Something in my settings? I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia drivers but it didn't make a difference. I changed the refresh rate from the default of 60hz to 75 Hz (74 point something) and if anything it makes the problem more pronounced. I do like the new monitor for what it is so I would like to solve the problem. Thanks for any insight.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In order to rule out a faulty display, you might want to take the panel and tether it to a donor system. If the issue persists, try working with another cable. In order to rule out your platform, you can try and uninstall your GPU drivers using DDU, then manually install the latest GPU driver for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

For better context, please list the specs with their makes and models, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model. BISO version for your motherboard? Please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-32QN55T-B.AUS
^ your panel seems to have a driver meant for Windows 10