[SOLVED] Getting micro stutter (lag) on videos in browser

DarkPassanger47

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Guys, I'm having this micro stutter while watching video problem recently, the weird thing is that only happens while playing videos on browser.
I can game just fine with no issue, also videos watched on the pc itself won't stutter, any ideas on how to fix this ?

here's the list of things i tried:
I made a clean install of the nvidia drivers
I reinstalled Chrome and firefox (it happens on Firefox too)
I ran Rkill to see if it was a virus, but found nothing
I've tried to mess with the (Widevine stuff)

Solution
If you must use an anti malware service, you can use Malwarebytes and call it a day, although Windows Defender does catch pretty much anything. That being said, might want to share the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm assuming desktop. If it's a laptop, a make and model as well as the SKU will help us two fold. By clean install, did you use DDU or did you mean you simply manually uninstalled your GPU drivers and then reinstalled them? You're advised to use DDU to uninstall your drivers and after the reboot, you should manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your platform? When I asked for your...

Lutfij

Titan
If you must use an anti malware service, you can use Malwarebytes and call it a day, although Windows Defender does catch pretty much anything. That being said, might want to share the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm assuming desktop. If it's a laptop, a make and model as well as the SKU will help us two fold. By clean install, did you use DDU or did you mean you simply manually uninstalled your GPU drivers and then reinstalled them? You're advised to use DDU to uninstall your drivers and after the reboot, you should manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your platform? When I asked for your OS, I meant OS version since you've posted in the Windows 10 section.

Reactions: DarkPassanger47
Solution

DarkPassanger47

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

BIOS version for your platform? When I asked for your OS, I meant OS version since you've posted in the Windows 10 section.
I've used MalwareBytes to see if it could anything, but no viruses was found

And yes, I'm on Desktop, and i didn't used DDU for that, i did that manually, I'm definitely gonna try that

My specs are:
CPU : Core i5 3330 (it's an old cpu, but it's temporary, since my other one died)
Ram: Ddr3 4gb
HD: Samsung 500 gb (it's laptop hd)
MoBo: H61 intel
GPU: GTX 1660 (non ti or super)
PSU: Aerocool 600w plus bronze

Im gonna list some things that i did before that problem started

I've plugged the PC on a VGA monitor using a adapter dvi to vga ( i initially thought that was problem, so i unplugged the monitor and the adapter, but that also didn't solve it)

I've installed a program called libre office

I've installed Dolphin emulator

also the bios version is American megatrends 2019

TRENDING THREADS