Question Getting numerous error codes after installation of second channel of RAM

May 15, 2020
I have a newly built pc. It’s been working fine Decided to add a second channel of RAM, when I boot I get al sorts of weird stuff happening. Tried the win10 auto repair. Tried fixing via command prompt. No change. I get a different error message almost everytime. Sometimes a repeat. Most times it’s a driver missing, sometimes the 0000098 error, one time was a security kernel check error.
Build is a gigabyte b450m aorus. Ryzen 3, 1tb hdd, gtx1050, two gskill 8gb aegis in channel a, working fine this way. My ram is within one serial digit of each other on channel a, and it is the same way when I attempt the two new ram sticks on channel B. When I remove the new ram from channel B, the PC works fine. If I add it back to channel B it does not work. The only thing I have not tried at this point is swapping the two sets of RAM to different channels. Could be bad Ram, or a bad motherboard slot? Possibly a setting that I need to mess with?
RlTBu0d.jpg
OfgnOfr.jpg
xNlKoBo.jpg

May 15, 2020
After reading numerous threads here, the general consensus seemed to be that as long as the Rams were nearest in serial digit they could be on the same channels together. But, I did not read anything about different sticks being on different channels. Interesting to know.

Last edited: