Getting original W8 from laptop's SO image/disk after installing second W8 on top

Aurumus

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
It's a little hard to describe what I want in the title alone.

Basically I was asked to format a machine with Windows 8 and, as I was used to formatting from a DVD, that's what the inexperienced me did as an IT beginner.

The thing is, I need the legit Windows 8 that came with the machine, and as you know, nowadays Windows 8 machines (and up) come with an image/disk with the SO, so It's now possible to format the machine without any external DVD.

Is there any way I can recover the original Windows 8 in the machine and replace the SO I currently have installed? I tried googling a bit but the information was very varied and not what I was looking for.

Solution
Yes, normally you boot up, from a power off, and watch the bottom of the screen and press the corresponding F-key. It might take you a few reboots to find the right F-key that will take you to the factory restore.

Which exact laptop is this, we will be able to guide you more precisely with this info.

popatim

Titan
Yes, normally you boot up, from a power off, and watch the bottom of the screen and press the corresponding F-key. It might take you a few reboots to find the right F-key that will take you to the factory restore.

Which exact laptop is this, we will be able to guide you more precisely with this info.

Solution