[SOLVED] Getting the 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device' when booting an SSD with windows on it?

Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone!

Today i received my new SSD, plugged it in, started up my PC, and was greeted with the Reboot and Select proper Boot device screen. I rebooted and found it was booting from the new SSD and not my old one, so I quickly swapped and expected it to work. Only it didn't, I still got the same message. After messing around with it a bit I decided to unplug my new SSD entirely and only have my old one (with Windows installed on it) plugged in. I made sure everything was correct in Boot and yet... I still get the same message?

I know the SSD works as I was using it just earlier today. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! I'm sure I'm just making some stupid mistake that's flying right over my head.

Solution
Not "drivers"...I meant "drives" which you outlined.

So, 2 different 2.5" drives, both Kingston.

I don't see how connecting the second one has any influence on how the system boots up.
Apr 29, 2020
And for a "new SSD", the system can't boot from it, because there is nothing on it yet.
I know, when I noticed it booted from the new one I swapped it to boot from my old SSD which has Windows on it.

My motherboard is an MSI B350 Tomahawk, Socket AM4.
My OLD SSD is a Kingston A400 240GB 2.5" SSD.
My new SSD (which is currently not plugged in) is a Kingston A400 960GB 2.5" SSD.
I'm not very proficient when it comes to PC stuff so idk if this is useless, but my BIOS Ver is E7A34AMS.170
As for drivers, I'm not quite sure how to check from the BIOS, sorry.

Apr 29, 2020
Not "drivers"...I meant "drives" which you outlined.

So, 2 different 2.5" drives, both Kingston.

I don't see how connecting the second one has any influence on how the system boots up.
You're right, it shouldn't. I'll look around a bit more tommorow and see if I can figure it out, thanks for your help!