Question Getting weird CPU temps

Dec 29, 2022
I'm sorry if this question was asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it.

I've been having this problem where my CPU temp reads as 100 C when I boot my PC up or come out of sleep mode. My core temp app flags me and then puts my pc to sleep. I instantly wake it back up then the core temps all read in the 27 C - 30 C like normal. Not sure what's causing the initial reading off 100, but it fixes itself after the PC is put back to sleep and woken up again.

my CPU temp reads as 100 C when I boot my PC up or come out of sleep mode. My core temp app flags me and then puts my pc to sleep.
it's possible your CPU cooler if failing to startup so the processor just jumps to max temp as the system initializes.
wake it back up then the core temps all read in the 27 C - 30 C
why upon waking the second time it would be functioning again wouldn't make sense though.

when you notice the temperatures climbing as you describe make sure all case & CPU cooler fans are actually running.

Dec 29, 2022
It only happens when I leave it in sleep for an extended period or when I start it up the next day after shutting down. It's a purchased pre-built PC with an AIO CPU cooler. The fans kick on at startup and upon waking up. Core temp alert warns me that I'm above max temp and proceeds to put the PC in sleep mode. Everything is fine when I wake it up again for some odd reason. I've done CPU stress tests where my temps barely go above 50. When I'm gaming or editing, my temps are always okay. The only issue is at the initial startup usually.