Getting Xbox One audio through PC Headset

NewOrleansAnimal

Reputable
May 6, 2015
So I have 2 Monitors (MSI MAG241C) my pc (specs), my microphone on my pc which also has my headset connected to it (AT2020 USB+) and my Xbone S. I basically just want to connect the xbox to one of the monitors for displaying the xbox but get the xbox audio through my headset that is connected to my pc. I plan on using my pc for the party chat and communication so worrying about the microphone working on the xbone is no big deal. TLDR; I want to what the xbox "streaming to pc" does but with the xbox connected to monitor and the audio coming through my computer.
:homer:

Solution
oof. your post was starting to not make much sense the last half there, but I think I got the gist of it.

You want to use one of your monitors instead of a TV for display?
well that's easy if the monitor supports HDMI input.

Next, you want to be able to hear the audio of your game while at the same time hearing the audio from your party chat on PC in something like Discord correct?

if that's the case, whether you play the xbox on a TV or connected to one of your monitors.
You need the Xbox application for your Windows OS downloaded and installed from the Windows Store.

Once you open it up and connect to your LIVE account, proceed to do streaming function where you can stream the game to your PC. Assuming both the Xbox and your PC...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
oof. your post was starting to not make much sense the last half there, but I think I got the gist of it.

You want to use one of your monitors instead of a TV for display?
well that's easy if the monitor supports HDMI input.

Next, you want to be able to hear the audio of your game while at the same time hearing the audio from your party chat on PC in something like Discord correct?

if that's the case, whether you play the xbox on a TV or connected to one of your monitors.
You need the Xbox application for your Windows OS downloaded and installed from the Windows Store.

Once you open it up and connect to your LIVE account, proceed to do streaming function where you can stream the game to your PC. Assuming both the Xbox and your PC are hardlined with ethernet, then there'll be about a half second delay in the audio of your game coming through the application. At this point you can downsize the application (not close it) in order to free up space on your desktop for other things.

I don't know if you can control your games on your Xbox directly while streaming or if you have to do it through the PC, but I do know with PS4 you have to connect the controller to the PC in order to control the console while doing the stream thing.

Just be sure that once you've connected the controller, that you go into sound settings and switch your main audio output to whatever it's supposed to be since it'll most likely switch to the controller for audio output once it's plugged in.

Solution

NewOrleansAnimal

Reputable
May 6, 2015
You've nailed the idea. I just want to avoid using that method of streaming to my pc because it's sometimes just really unreliable. Most of the time it works, but if thats the only way then so be it

TRENDING THREADS