GfxUI.exe

pdipascal

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Hello,

Does anyone know what the file "GfxUI.exe is? Everytime I start up my laptop this message comes on "unable to start gfxui.exe"..I am running windows 7 on a hp pavillion laptop. Any light that someone can shine on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
(email removed by moderator)

Thats one of the files that controls the GUI for the Intel onboard video, probably screwed up somewhere along the line.

Download latest version off HP or Intel and install, it will overwrite existing version, make sure you download x86 or x64 version.

nimrod_hunter_69

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

hello.
gfxui is part of Intel graphics files. if you want to remove or turn off this function, just set it up in the system configuration. Type "msconfig" then go to "startup" then look for "intel common user interface" and find the one that says "hkcmd.exe" and uncheck/switch it off. This is one way to solve your problem. ----nimrod_hunter_69

babygenius55

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I too was wondering what this was since I didn't start seeing it until I installed a program called nexus dock. I thought it was associated with that. That and igfxpers.exe are new to my eyes. Running a dell studio with win7 ultimate all updated and pretty.

schnz47

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
I had a remote person(s) logged into my computer. I kicked them out, but my entire computer crashed in the process - I had deleted a lot of extraneous files from the System32 folder that were not there in the original install of Windows - a lot of repeat SysWOW64 files. Now, I am trying to boot them off my computer. I think they are Fake news, Colorado Springs Military and Intel illegal spying. I just clicked to shut off the Microsoft.net Framework 3.5.1 in Windows Features (Control Panel - Programs - Turn Windows Features On Off). After I restarted, the GfxUI.exe program gave an error that said it failed to load. The details said it was an AppCrash. That's all I have. Good luck.

schnz47

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
Google Analytics runs a script in their Google Ads. After I kicked out the spies I tried to use my internet explorer browser and the Google Ads sent out a script that flagged a 'failed to catch' error in the F12 Developer Tools section of Internet Explorer where you can read the html code on websites you access. The IDF and other foreign Intel can act in this country if no one stops them.