ghosting on benq gl 2460hm

chirufan1

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
hey i got a ben q gl 2460 hm recently and although the reviews are good even for gaming no one talked about the ghosting in the monitor
i am getting a a good amount of ghosting,enough to give you a headache while you game
ahh is it just my monitor
my system specs are
asus p8b75 mlx motherboard
i3 3220 processor
8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
gtx 650ti boost
500gb wd caviar blue hdd
dvd burner
Cooler master thunder 500w
windows 7 home basic

Solution
You should just return it and go with a low-response TN panel from ASUS. I don't think I've ever heard legitimate complaints about ASUS panels (excluding stands, and stuff like that).

chirufan1

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
the "ama" setting i off
will a poor psu cause ghosting,I have a cooler master thunder 500 watts dual 12 v rails

and a lower version hdmi cable cause ghosting

i mean if i connect hdmi 1.4b with 1.4a wire

B_S

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Not an expert on ghosting, will have to research further. Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

All I know is I seen some people talking about ghosting on the Benq 2450, 2460 etc.

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
Ghosting is generally caused by slow G2G response times. This monitor has 2ms G2G, which is good. It really shouldn't be ghosting. Are you able to return it? The ghosting shouldn't be related to your computer at all, as far as I'm aware. It has to deal with the monitor itself.

B_S

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
AMA is "overdrive" I think. Turning AMA on should give less response time. And that should maybe reduce ghosting. And reduce blurry images like KevinAr18 said.

Sometimes having AMA turned on can cause "reverse ghosting". So just as ghosting you see duplicate images. That is caused I think, by the overdrive working too agressively. So sometimes that problem is solved by turning AMA off.

your monitor should have a regular mode and a gaming mode I think. Like you said. You don't have any problems with ghosting when scrolling text etc during regular use, like surfing web? This kind of use I think is where turning AMA off can help to prevent inverse ghosting.

So it's your "gaming mode" that needs to have AMA turned ON. So you said it was off, then that is your problem. Turn AMA on.

For the blusih color you're seeing. that is because you haven't calibrated your monitor correctly to give the correct colors.

chirufan1

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
when i move my mouse i can see the trail of the mouse pointer and in games like fifa with when i kick the ball in the air i can see the trail of the ball

and also i looked at a ghosting test video on youtube and all this confirms that i have ghosting

and this is the second monitor i have in a month

i had a gl 2450 which had the same problem so i returned it and got a gl 2460hm

i think ben q is cheating people with its spec,by which i mean the spec itself might be true but response time specs can be a little tricky(gtg,i think white to black or something)

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
You should just return it and go with a low-response TN panel from ASUS. I don't think I've ever heard legitimate complaints about ASUS panels (excluding stands, and stuff like that).

Solution