Gigabyte 1070 not getting power

Feb 1, 2019
I’m building a new desktop and I’ve seen to run into a snag with the gigabyte 1070 gpu I got. The fans are running but I’m getting no output to monitor and the leds aren’t turning on. The system has a Radeon 2600x so I can’t even get into the bios without a graphics card. Any suggestions? I’m pretty stumped.
I’m using a evga 750W PSU

Things I’ve tried:
Move slots on the mother board.
Plug into a different VGA port on the power supply.
Different monitors using hdmi.

The PSU seems to be working for the rest of the system. (Mother board rgb is on as well as all the cases fans and rgb. And I hear the HDD spin up so all of those are getting power)

Zedjulz316

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Well, it seems most likely that you're GPU is dead. But you can still try some stuff. Have you tried resetting the BIOS? This can be done by removing the small battery on the board or by pressing the RESET_BIOS button (not on all boards). It seems most likely to be a power issue since the GPU LEDs dont light up. Check if you have inserted the GPU power connector correctly into the PSU. GPU, CPU and SATA are sometimes the same connectors on the GPU side. I remember owning a PSU where all three connectors were the same six pin layout on the PSU.

Feb 1, 2019
Full specs:
Motherboard: asus prime x470-pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x (no Igpu)
GPU: gigabyte GeForce gtx 1070
Case: cooler master master box lite 5 rgb
PSU: EVGA supernova 750 G3 (gold rated)
HDD: seagate 2TB barracuda
SSD: crucial mx500
RAM: 2x16 gskill ripjaws
Hope that helps
I also bought the GPU new on Newegg from gigabyte so I really hope it’s not dead
I’m pretty sure I have it connected properly to the PSU I have it going from 8 pin VGA slot on the PSU to a 6+2 on the GPU side