Question Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC causing restart problem ?

Aug 30, 2021
Hello friends;
My system specs are as follows:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Xigmatek Aurora 360 Liquid Cooler
Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC 8GB
Corsair (2x8) DDDR4 3600Mhz
Asus Tuf Gaming B550 PLUS Wifi 4800MHz
Xigmatek Hera Gold 750W
Cooler Master Masterbox MB520 Case
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , Samsung 870 EVO 500GB , Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

I assembled the system piece by piece. All my parts have been renewed. My oldest piece is 8 months old. I had a shutdown and restart problem on my PC before. My power supply had failed. Returning my Corsair RM750 power supply receipt. I installed the Xigmatek Hera Gold power supply instead. I still have a reboot problem, although not very often. He very rarely does. After seeing a black image for 1-2 seconds on the screen, is starting. If I go into any game, it could be a low profile card game. I can imagine it will more or less restart the computer when I experience this type of image degradation. Except this When I turn off the computer, I see that it restarts.

I've been having this problem quite often these days. My computer sometimes shuts down. But sometimes it starts again. I usually use the computer for a long time I have this problem especially when I use 6 or 7 hours. I think more or less the problem is with the video card. Because I installed the latest graphics card on this system. I bought it from Amazon France abroad. the video card. I did not even encounter this type of problem with the AMD Rx570 graphics card I used before. My other parts were working more or less stable. Most of the solutions I have done to avoid this problem did not work for me. However, I would like to write below one by one.

Bios has been updated. I installed the most recent version in June. I upgraded from the beta version I installed earlier to this version. I don't want to update too often. Bios has been updated at least 3-4 times. I uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experience. This application could cause problems with my video card. I started to experience image corruption frequently when I used this application. I manually download the video card drivers from their site. Right now I'm trying old versions instead of downloading the latest version.

Maybe there will be a solution. I formatted many times. I deleted the video card drivers and installed them. But it did not create a solution. Windows updates are always on. Current. I tested the ram. My power supply has just been changed. I don't think there will be a problem with my processor and motherboard. I think the problem is with the video card. It may be a software or hardware problem I'm standing. If there are friends who have problems with a similar video card model about this issue, can they give me feedback? Will my system be damaged if I continue to use it this way? Currently, the graphics card market is expensive. I do not want to send the product to warranty and buy a video card again, both without a video card and due to financial difficulties.

Aug 30, 2021
Have you checked event viewer for any entries for the shutdowns for information?
Hi friend;

I follow the event viewer everyday. I am attaching the pictures. Most bugs are actually system restarts after shutdown. I talked to Amazon customer service. They shared information that the problem may be from the motherboard from the bios.
But even if the error is caused by the bios; After going to black screen for 1-2 seconds and then restarting the system, I'm in the direction that this problem may be from the video card. A very rare problem. I hope I can find the source of the problem with your help.

View: https://imgur.com/wTgOdY1

View: https://imgur.com/yRQUov4

Does your card have a vbios switch? I’ve been fighting a similar issue with a new rx 6600xt. I was getting freezing in games and also random reboots.

I replaced my power supply with a new Corsair rm850x. But I would still get reboots. My particular card has a vbios switch that came from the factory set to the overclock setting. After talking to some ppl on here, I moved the switch to silent mode to try get away from the overclock setting.

Still want to test, but tonight after the vbios switch was put to silent mode, I was able to play bf1 for about an hour and a half with no reboots or black screens, freezing etc before I stopped playing for the night.

Since your card is an overclocked card, if you have a vbios switch or can back of the clocks on the vram and core just a little, it may make the card more stable.

Aug 30, 2021
Does your card have a vbios switch? I’ve been fighting a similar issue with a new rx 6600xt. I was getting freezing in games and also random reboots.

I replaced my power supply with a new Corsair rm850x. But I would still get reboots. My particular card has a vbios switch that came from the factory set to the overclock setting. After talking to some ppl on here, I moved the switch to silent mode to try get away from the overclock setting.

Still want to test, but tonight after the vbios switch was put to silent mode, I was able to play bf1 for about an hour and a half with no reboots or black screens, freezing etc before I stopped playing for the night.

Since your card is an overclocked card, if you have a vbios switch or can back of the clocks on the vram and core just a little, it may make the card more stable.

How can I find out if the video card has a vbios key?
Are there any bios settings? Can you share?

Aug 30, 2021

This button bro? All ı need to do use silent mode right? I hope problem will be fixed :(

biosswitch.jpg

It looks like yours may be on silent, but if you just changed it it’s worth a shot. I can’t tell you for sure if that will resolve things for you, but knock on wood, after reverting drivers, a new power supply and that, I was able to game for an hour and a half with no issues whereas before my card would sometimes reboot my system.

So you might try that to switch to see if it helps. It might be if they had the card overclocked from the factory that maybe they pushed the overclock a little to far on your particular card. You probably won’t give up much in performance. I’m just hoping my 6600xt keeps acting better.

Aug 30, 2021
It looks like yours may be on silent, but if you just changed it it’s worth a shot. I can’t tell you for sure if that will resolve things for you, but knock on wood, after reverting drivers, a new power supply and that, I was able to game for an hour and a half with no issues whereas before my card would sometimes reboot my system.

So you might try that to switch to see if it helps. It might be if they had the card overclocked from the factory that maybe they pushed the overclock a little to far on your particular card. You probably won’t give up much in performance. I’m just hoping my 6600xt keeps acting better.

Let s stay in touch 1-2 weeks. I ll update this post.

I'm just an average tech guy who is telling you what I am hoping helped me. It would be a good idea if you have warranty to reach out to the card's manufacturer as well, so that way in case an rma needs set up that they are already aware what is happening. They will have more insight.

But I would suggest keep plenty of airflow around your card. Even though my card is on silent mode, in my case, I've got a bracket with 2 80mm fans in it that installs in a pci slot, so I've got it a slot below my card just pushing air into the card even if the fans on the card are off.

Aug 30, 2021
I'm just an average tech guy who is telling you what I am hoping helped me. It would be a good idea if you have warranty to reach out to the card's manufacturer as well, so that way in case an rma needs set up that they are already aware what is happening. They will have more insight.

But I would suggest keep plenty of airflow around your card. Even though my card is on silent mode, in my case, I've got a bracket with 2 80mm fans in it that installs in a pci slot, so I've got it a slot below my card just pushing air into the card even if the fans on the card are off.

Yes I understand. My graphics card temperatures can vary between 48-58 degrees at idle. It can reach a maximum of 78 degrees in high-profile games such as Assassin's Creed Valhalla. However, I've never seen it restart even under such a load. I have already sent a message to the video card manufacturer. Waiting for return. As I said, I have no intention of sending it. It is getting harder and harder to find and buy graphics cards in the market in our country. I hope I can get past the problem without messing with the warranty process.

Trust me I understand. I'm from the USA, but even here, I caught my 6600xt at a local store, and I've not seen many cards that are comparable in the same price bracket. I'm actually still within my return period to the store. If they had for example 3060 cards available near the same price I paid for my 6600xt, I would have probably at least thought about exchanging it. But considering I can't get a card for the price I paid for this one without downgrading a bit, I'm trying to make this one work for a while.

Aug 30, 2021
Trust me I understand. I'm from the USA, but even here, I caught my 6600xt at a local store, and I've not seen many cards that are comparable in the same price bracket. I'm actually still within my return period to the store. If they had for example 3060 cards available near the same price I paid for my 6600xt, I would have probably at least thought about exchanging it. But considering I can't get a card for the price I paid for this one without downgrading a bit, I'm trying to make this one work for a while.

Hi man how are u? Almost 16 days passed. I want to update this post.
I've had no problems since the day I put my graphics card in silent mode. But on the 12th day, I had a similar problem again. After shutting down, the computer restarted. Even after I formatted and updated the drivers, my old problem more or less persisted. Today when I turned off the computer, my monitor remained on the black screen, but my case continued to work. LED lights were on. I had to reboot. I've updated the bios version of the video card, although it doesn't have much to do with it. I updated it to silent mode. I'm getting back to you to give feedback here. I wish you a good day :)

My powercolor card actually ended up acting up more as well. Luckily for me, the store I bought it from got more cards in stock, and I was still within my return period. So I returned mine and got an asus card instead. Everything seems to work a bit better at this point.

If you are able to exchange your card, do it. Otherwise I would contact them ASAP to try to rma it. Hopefully you still have the original receipt.