Question Gigabyte 4090 only showing black screen

Jun 25, 2023
Hi, I recently got a Gigabyte 4090 windforce to replace my Gigabyte 2070 super yet when installing it and powering the system on I am greeted with a black screen every time. I've tried multiple fixes such as, updating my motherboards BIOS, loading the preferred/default settings on it, using the stock 4 way power adapter for the card and currently the Corsair PSU 12+4pin PCIe Gen5 Type-4. Currently have it hooked up to two monitors, one running a HDMI and another on using a DP and have been changing between them in an attempt to get a picture to come up on my monitor with no success. Currently writing this post with the 2070 super plugged back in so I know the issues revolves around the new GPU. Any idea what is causing the black screen or any potential fixes, thanks.

Specs:
Motherboard: B550 GAMING X V2 (Currently running BIOS version: FC, was on FB before)
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 1.35V Desktop Memory
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply
Monitors: x2 iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU

Are you using any PCIe Riser cable ? Is the GPU mounted vertically or horizontally ?

Looks like a power supply cable issue, and/or an incompatibility of the GPU with your mobo. What is the PCI-e Gen Mode configured in BIOS, Gen 3, Gen 4, or AUTO ?

Does using only 1 monitor also give a Back screen ? I was browsing your Motherboard's Manual and specs, and in the PCI Expansion slot section, they have mentioned that on using a Ryzen 3000-series CPU, the GPU will run in PCIe 4.0x16 mode.

0bNBjxj.png

Jun 25, 2023
Firstly, I just wanna say thanks for getting back and no use of any riser cables as the GPU is mounted horizontally and I've tried with just one monitor via both HDMI and DP. (One at a time) Regarding the motherboard comments, not sure what you mean by the info shared in the picture as I thought PCIe 4.0x16 mode was ok, however I did find 2 settings in the motherboards BIOS relating to PCIEe Modes and read somewhere that putting them to Gen 4 can solve the issue so I have done that as they were set as Auto before. Reckon that will make a difference?