Question Gigabyte aorus 1080 ti xtreme edition 11GB

Feb 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
The strange oil substance coming out from my card. When I was searching for answer from the internet I have found out that the problems is thermal pads. So I have called gigabyte and asked them if they can sell me set of thermal pads for this card. They refused because the card is out of warranty :-(. Could anyone tell me please where I can buy set of thermal pads for this card? I think there are 2 different sizes.
Sorry about my English.
I really appreciate your help

Regards

Reactions: Maz1440
Feb 14, 2019
Is it like dripping a lot? Because otherwise don't bother - it's a common thing.

I doubt you'll be able to buy a set. You need to remove the radiator from the card and check the thickness of the pads installed. Then you go to amazon or google 'thermal pads' and buy the pads of the thickness you need.

something like this https://www.amazon.com/100mmx100mm-...448&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=thermal+pad+2.0mm
Is it like dripping a lot? Because otherwise don't bother - it's a common thing.

I doubt you'll be able to buy a set. You need to remove the radiator from the card and check the thickness of the pads installed. Then you go to amazon or google 'thermal pads' and buy the pads of the thickness you need.

something like this https://www.amazon.com/100mmx100mm-...448&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=thermal+pad+2.0mm
Thank you Traditore for taking your time and answer my question. Even the top of the RGB Gigabyte logo is full of oil. I will disassemble the card and measure the thermal pads hopefully i will find the right size :)

Thank you Traditore for taking your time and answer my question. Even the top of the RGB Gigabyte logo is full of oil. I will disassemble the card and measure the thermal pads hopefully i will find the right size :)
I did the same procedure on my Gigabyte 1080ti OC earlier. All I needed is two 10x10cm pads to cut them into suitable strips and squares for the GPU.

You're welcome. Also, don't buy the cheap ones and look at their thermal conductivity stat: better to buy something with 5W/m.k or more

Reactions: Maz1440
Feb 14, 2019
I know this is bad. No internal component should be dripping. The question is will it eventually stop? How long have you had this card and how long has the dripping been going on?
Hi SgtSCScream Thank you for Your replay. the card has been given to me for my birthday I think around 2.5 years ago no receipt so no warranty Gigabyte said. The dripping has stop already but the RGB logo looks terrible. I have decided to follow Traditore steps i will replayse the termal pads and clean the card with (WD-40 Fast drying contact cleaner NON CONDUCTIVE CLEANER LEAVES NO RESIDUE)

Feb 14, 2019
I did the same procedure on my Gigabyte 1080ti OC earlier. All I needed is two 10x10cm pads to cut them into suitable strips and squares for the GPU.

You're welcome. Also, don't buy the cheap ones and look at their thermal conductivity stat: better to buy something with 5W/m.k or more
I have decided Traditore new pads, new noctua NT-H1 thermal paste and i will clean the card. Thank you for the all advise you gave me i really appreciate this