Question Gigabyte aorus x570 master ram problems

May 12, 2023
I have had my pc built since lockdown in 2021, just the other day i turn on my pc and i get bios error code 0d, after searching it says its an issue with RAM. so i order a new pair of RAM sticks. whilst i was waiting for them to be delivered i try my old ram sticks, and the pc boots no problems. so i think oh my original ram sticks must of developed a fault. my new ram sticks arrive, install them in the same ram slots as the original and i still get 0d. I reset the bios, clear the cmos and still no post. i then stick the old sticks from my other system and everything boots. after days of change and swapping i get different error codes, i change my cmos battery, i plug my gpu straight into the pci slot instead of the riser i have, to no post. so i stick in one of the old ram modules, with one of the original ram modules, and it boots post and i go into the bios, the old ram module is recognised along with the one that originally didn't boot . so i power off but my original ram modules in and i get 0d error again. i am at my wits end, and don't know what the issue is, it can't be a incompatible issue has the ram modules i had since i built the pc with no issues. now i can't get a post boot on ram higher than 2133. is it a motherboard fault, is it a bios fault? please help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the make and models of both old and new ram kits.

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you currently on?

May 17, 2023
I have had my pc built since lockdown in 2021, just the other day i turn on my pc and i get bios error code 0d, after searching it says its an issue with RAM. so i order a new pair of RAM sticks. whilst i was waiting for them to be delivered i try my old ram sticks, and the pc boots no problems. so i think oh my original ram sticks must of developed a fault. my new ram sticks arrive, install them in the same ram slots as the original and i still get 0d. I reset the bios, clear the cmos and still no post. i then stick the old sticks from my other system and everything boots. after days of change and swapping i get different error codes, i change my cmos battery, i plug my gpu straight into the pci slot instead of the riser i have, to no post. so i stick in one of the old ram modules, with one of the original ram modules, and it boots post and i go into the bios, the old ram module is recognised along with the one that originally didn't boot . so i power off but my original ram modules in and i get 0d error again. i am at my wits end, and don't know what the issue is, it can't be a incompatible issue has the ram modules i had since i built the pc with no issues. now i can't get a post boot on ram higher than 2133. is it a motherboard fault, is it a bios fault? please help
Hey, I was having a similar issue to you with my Aorus X570. Have had my comp for 3 years with no issue. All of a sudden it stopped posting with two sticks of RAM. Would power on, fans spinning, but wouldn't ever kick the display on. I tried all types of configurations, updating BIOS, resetting CMOS, etc. I could get it to boot with 1 stick in any slot, and it didn't matter which stick I used so I knew it wasn't the RAM. I read somewhere, someone said to enable XMP in BIOS. I did this on mine and it has booted now multiple times with both sticks of RAM. I still don't know what the heck was going on but this seems to have fixed it, at least for now.