Question Gigabyte AORUS X570 PRO acting up pretending RAM failure

Sep 5, 2022
I've had this motherboard for 1.5 years now, was brand new, and really it always had this habit of every now and then not passing the RAM check led during startup. Rarely it even beeps 3 long ones. During all this time i've finally had the chance to rule out most suggestions of possible problem sources:

• tried numerous RAM sticks in every imaginable layout
  • had the chance to swap out the R5 3600 CPU with a 5950x to rule out memory controller issue
  • had all sorts of video cards in
  • have updated the BIOS to latest
And still the board does the same, only passing the RAM check like every 3rd time after powering off and on again. Otherwise just hanging on the RAM led, endlessly.

Any suggestions before i send this trash in for servicing?..

I've had this motherboard for 1.5 years now, was brand new, and really it always had this habit of every now and then not passing the RAM check led during startup. Rarely it even beeps 3 long ones. During all this time i've finally had the chance to rule out most suggestions of possible problem sources:

• tried numerous RAM sticks in every imaginable layout
  • had the chance to swap out the R5 3600 CPU with a 5950x to rule out memory controller issue
  • had all sorts of video cards in
  • have updated the BIOS to latest
And still the board does the same, only passing the RAM check like every 3rd time after powering off and on again. Otherwise just hanging on the RAM led, endlessly.

Any suggestions before i send this trash in for servicing?..
if every solution did nothing to you, then you might have the same problem with my friend but he's on a X399 (threadripper) Aorus mobo, did have the same error, he managed to find that some of the MOSFETs are causing it, and repair it himself (cause he knew how to), and yup his X399 is now normal.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it's taking 3x reboot attempts to get it working, I'd say you have a corrupted cmos. That can happen when windows saves data at shutdown and on reboot that data doesn't match a valid configuration. That's normally caused by software conflicts with registry settings. The pc tries to boot, fails and finally will boot up with the last known valid settings, regardless of cmos.

Clean out the pc. Ccleaner is good for that. Do it several times manually. Also run the registry tool, that gets rid of any orphans left over from stuff aborted in temp files etc.

Make sure bios is upto date as well as the chipset drivers from the same place as the bios on Gigabytes website. Windows has had multiple updates, many of which can and will mess with version numbers, date codes etc.

Open up a CMD with Admin privileges.
Type: sfc /scannow
Type: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Should take care of any file or system file discrepancy

Most issues are software/driver caused, the visible results being hardware failure or error. If you start out with a clean pc, it's far easier to track down actual issues.

Sep 5, 2022
Thank you for the VRM suggestion, unfortunately i lack the technicalities for a fix at home, but that one sounds like a clear-cut case for a technician. I only had the chipset itself in my mind as a potential culprit, which would result more likely in a board swap than repair. Also sounds like something that could kill a processor, so it's just about time i'm getting this issue sorted out one way or an other.

Please chew over these topics a bit heavier before advising the routine BIOS / registry stuff. Not only did i mention BIOS updating, but how on Earth the Windows registry comes into play on a fresh install on a PC straight from the factory, flashing its CPU then RAM led and hanging? Did not even pass GPU and the BOOT lights yet.

Today I did a heavy CMOS reset, and nothing, the same, hanging on the RAM led, and i forgot to tell, every now and then it retries on its own by going through the CPU check again, bet then still hangs on the RAM. Until i try off/on-ing numerous times. Yes, i know on first boot it may train the memory and all that jazz. But that shouldn't take hours without progress.

Seems to me i'm essentially out of home tips and tricks, servicing it is. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Koekieezz