Question Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme BIOS UEFI problem ?

Walt_S

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
I updated the BIOS on the Aorus Xtreme v1.1 to the latest BIOS version. When I went to enter the UEFI after the update (via pressing DEL), the monitor lost it's source. I switched from DP 1.4 to HDMI, tried different cables, different monitors, made sure everything was up to date, reflashed the BIOS - no change. I saved the BIOS I had before the update and was able to revert back to it. Since doing so, I'm able to get back into the UEFI. Any ideas?

BTW - After POST, I am able to get to the Boot Order menu (via F12) and the Q-Flash (Gigabyte BIOS utility) menu (via END).
- EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3, Ryzen 9 5950x - if that helps.
TIA

Lutfij

Titan
I updated the BIOS on the Aorus Xtreme v1.1 to the latest BIOS version.
I saved the BIOS I had before the update and was able to revert back to it.

What BIOS version did you work your way up from? Side note, did you get the PCB revision of your motherboard correct? There seems to be a Rev 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and a 2.0 of the motherboard.

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3, Ryzen 9 5950x - if that helps.
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
including any parts that might've been upgraded or changed. Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Walt_S

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
OK. Sorry about that.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme v1.1
Ram: GSkill (Samsung chip) DDR4-3600C16 (4 DIMMs of 16GB - 64GB total)
SSD/HDD: OS SSD is Sabrent Rocket 4 plus 2TB
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
PSU: Corsair AX1000
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P500A
Monitor: LG 38GL950G
No new components since the issue began.

TRENDING THREADS