Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7...problems after BIOS update...

JHmackem

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
So I updated my BIOS to version F5. I was using F4l but after reading about a voltage problem, I updated. Since then, my H100i V2 Liquid Cooler no longer works (I can see the fan spinning but it says it isn't, and I have no control over it to turn it up etc), and my system is BSOD all over the place for a multitude of reasons. Certain files won't open, and my system is all round broken. Posting this off my laptop instead. Version F5 states that it prohibits the ability to downgrade versions. What do I do?

Solution
So fixed the problem. Turns out when I updated the BIOS, it reverted all settings to default, including setting the DDR4 RAM frequency to 2133MHz (I have 3200MHz RAM). I didn't notice this, and booting created constant BSOD errors. In an attempt to fix it, I reinstalled Windows 10. Reinstalling Windows 10 created further problems as out of date drivers created further BSOD errors. I solved those first, then noticed the 2133MHz setting in the BIOS. Fixed that, and got rid of the BSOD errors completely (touch wood). Fixed the fan issue by changing the 'Smart Fan 5' settings in the BIOS to PWM, which allows me to control it via Corsair Link 4 once again. All sorted, thanks for the help though.
That BIOS update is for Intel Optane Technology which should be available the second half of this year. Intel Optane Technology will replace today's SSDs and DRAM.

Perhaps you could order a new BIOS chip. The motherboard supports DualBIOS. You may want to enable the backup BIOS.

JHmackem

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

Both the main and backup Bios are the latest version...F5. I've no idea how.

JHmackem

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
So fixed the problem. Turns out when I updated the BIOS, it reverted all settings to default, including setting the DDR4 RAM frequency to 2133MHz (I have 3200MHz RAM). I didn't notice this, and booting created constant BSOD errors. In an attempt to fix it, I reinstalled Windows 10. Reinstalling Windows 10 created further problems as out of date drivers created further BSOD errors. I solved those first, then noticed the 2133MHz setting in the BIOS. Fixed that, and got rid of the BSOD errors completely (touch wood). Fixed the fan issue by changing the 'Smart Fan 5' settings in the BIOS to PWM, which allows me to control it via Corsair Link 4 once again. All sorted, thanks for the help though.

Solution

Brutaka

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Funny. I bricked my motherboard by updating to BIOS version F7a. Since then I couldn't boot into Windows without having a hardware failure in Aida64. I had to send in the motherboard to gigabyte to have them revert back to F3.