Question Gigabyte argb connectors

Dec 20, 2023
Hello,
I am trying to connect argb connectors to my motherboard. It's a Gigabyte b550m Aorus elite rev 1.3. I am trying to connect my thermaltake pure duo 12 argb fans. The manual included in the fans says that I need to connect three pin to my motherboard. Well my motherboard doesn't have the exact 3 pin header rather It has the standard 5v argb header. Well I want to know If It's safe to connect the the other header to my motherboard. It says in the fan manual that this type of header is for msi and asus only. So my question is can I use the standard 5v 2+1 pin connector that is for asus/msi on my gigabyte motherboard?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Well my motherboard doesn't have the exact 3 pin header rather It has the standard 5v argb header. Well I want to know If It's safe to connect the the other header
You'll need to connect to the D_LED headers located on the bottom left hand and top right hand corners of your motherboard, labelled D_LED1 and D_LED2. Make sure the 4pin connector from the fan is aligned with the missing row on both the board and the connector.

To corroborate that info;
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...231211.pdf?v=c928dfa8c11f1511e05e3c8c8184a1ed
turn to page 17 in the motherboard manual, the D_LED headers are 5V ARGB headers.