[SOLVED] Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5 - black screen at startup

Dec 7, 2019
Hello.
I have just put together a new pc.
I think i have done it correct.
When i try to start up it lights up the motherboard and the fans start. It do not get any picture on the screen.
The HDMI cable is connected to the RX 590. I have not tried to connect the HDMI cable on the motherboard output.
I have not tried to reset the bios on the board.
I have not uptdate any bios on the board.
The screen is working (use it with my old pc with HDMI cable now).
I tried to install Windows 10 Pro on the M.2 SSD card (no other HDD is connected)
I have 2 cd/bluray drives connected on Sata cables to the board. These 2 drives is the only thing that is old in the pc. All the other components is new.
Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

With regards

Pc setup:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 4.35 AM4

Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5, DDR4-SDRAM, DIMM, 2133,2400,2667,2933,3200 MHz, Dobbel, 2GB,4GB,8GB,16GB, 64 GB

Gigabyte Radeon RX 590 Gaming 8G, 3 x DisplayPort

Corsair Force Series MP510 960GB M.2 SSD

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 2666MHz (PC4-21300) CL16, XMP 2.0

Corsair Vengeance 750M, 750W PSU

Corsair Carbide 200R Midi Tower Sort

2x COUGAR CFD120 - fan - 120 mm - transparent orange

Lutfij

Titan
With your system breadboarded, with only the the CPU, motherboard, one stick of ram, GPU and the SSD see if you get any display on your screen.

Due to your processor lacking any iGPU, you won't get display from the motherboard's onboard display connectors. Do you know if you've got the latest BIOS update on that motherbaord? You should've gone for a B450 chipset board since that'd have been cheaper(for most people worldwide).

Try and source another PSU from a friend or neighbor that has at least 650W of power for the entire system and is made by a reputable brand.

Dec 7, 2019
With your system breadboarded, with only the the CPU, motherboard, one stick of ram, GPU and the SSD see if you get any display on your screen.

Due to your processor lacking any iGPU, you won't get display from the motherboard's onboard display connectors. Do you know if you've got the latest BIOS update on that motherbaord? You should've gone for a B450 chipset board since that'd have been cheaper(for most people worldwide).

Try and source another PSU from a friend or neighbor that has at least 650W of power for the entire system and is made by a reputable brand.
Hello.
Thanks for the replay.
Will try it.
thanks.
With regards.

Dec 7, 2019
Hello.
Thanks for the replay.
Will try it.
thanks.
With regards.

Hello.
Have tried with an old (but working) CPU 750w and it is the same.
The motherboard lights up and the fans spins but it slow down the fans after some seconds, but the lights is still on on the motheroard.
I have tried to reset the CMOS and take out the M.2 drive. Have also take out one of the ram and tried it on all the 4 places on the board.
Have let a computerstore have a look at the pc and they think that it is faulty motherboard or the CPU.
What du you think? Should i return the board and CPU?
With regards.

Dec 7, 2019
Hello.
Is there a way to find out what BIOS that comes preinstalled with the board?
I cant find it anywhere on the box.
The serial number is: 173700023049.
Anybody knows?
With regards.

Dec 7, 2019
look at the box and see if it's 2000 or 3000 series ready
Hello.
It says on the web page:
Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™/ 1st Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors .

[TH]Vendor[/TH]
[TH]CPU Model[/TH]
[TH]Cores/ Thread[/TH]
[TH]Frequency[/TH]
[TH]L2
Cache[/TH]
[TH]L3
Cache[/TH]
[TH]GPU
Frequency[/TH]
[TH]Core Name[/TH]
[TH]Process[/TH]
[TH]Stepping[/TH]
[TH]Wattage[/TH]
[TH]Since BIOS Version[/TH]​
[TH]AMD[/TH]
[TH]Ryzen 7 PRO 2700X[/TH]
[TH]8C/16T[/TH]
[TH]3.6GHz / 4.1GHz[/TH]
[TH]4MB[/TH]
[TH]16MB[/TH]
[TH]N/A[/TH]
[TH]Pinnacle Ridge[/TH]
[TH]12nm[/TH]
[TH]B2[/TH]
[TH]95W[/TH]
[TH]F20[/TH]​

My CPU must have the F20 BIOS and i am not sure which one is with the board.
I cant find that out because i cant get into the BIOS as the PC dont send any picture to my screen.
Any idea?
With regards.

TRENDING THREADS