Question Gigabyte B360 HD3 stuck on VGA light - no POST/Boot

cazar.dominik

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hi there, so I've upgraded to Intel and bought the i5 9600k, along with the Gigabyte B360 HD3 rev 1.0, 16gb (4x4gb sticks) DDR4 2400mhz RAM and the GTX 980 GPU. The motherboard and RAM are brand new while the CPU has been bought second hand as 'Very good condition' on Amazon. My GPU and PSU aren't brand new but have worked on my previous build. When I turn it on, it starts up 2 times and then shuts down shortly after, but it then turns on continuously on the 3rd try. At the 4 red lights on the motherboard, it passes the CPU and DRAM light but the VGA one keeps being lit, I get no POST/output/boot and after being turned on for around 8 seconds it shuts down and turns on again. The same thing happens even when I try using the onboard HDMI, VGA or DVI of the integrated GPU. (The motherboard is of course connected to a monitor).

Troubleshooting I've done:
  • Tested with 750W PSU (Mine is 600W)
  • Tested outside PC tower
  • Tested with one stick of RAM on all slots individually
  • Re-applied thermal paste and cooler double-checking everything's correct
  • Tried with GPU on the second PCI-E slot
  • Reset CMOS
  • Removed motherboard battery for 10 minutes
  • Used a motherboard speaker (I got no beeps whatsoever)
I'm not sure if this is important but when I removed all RAM, that time it got stuck on the DRAM light with no POST/boot. On Gigabyte's site it says that my motherboard supports the i5 9600k, but I'm extremely extremely stumped because I don't know what to do anymore so I've come here in case anyone would know what's wrong and could help.

cazar.dominik

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
It hasn’t actually. I just checked the link you sent and the CPU support list including the bios version. Is it possible to update the bios to F13 without getting POST/booting?

TRENDING THREADS