Question Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 power problem

Aug 22, 2021
I installed the B450 and added the following from my previous motherboard:
ADATA 500Gb M.2 SSD
DDR4 (2x8Gb) DIMM - 2666MHz
ANTEC NEOHE 500 500W PSU (this is 14-years old)

When I plugged the power cord into the surge protector and then into the case, the raised logo plate below the RAM and above the USB 3.0 header flashed white from under the plate.
I then pushed the on-off button on the case. Nothing happened. I depressed the button for five seconds, still nothing.
I then pushed the on-off rocker on the PSU to off. When I pushed it to the on position, the logo itself flashed red. Nothing else on the Mb lit up, no fan, no boot.
The last time I turned on the PC before replacing the Mb, the fan started, then stopped for a few seconds, then resumed and the PC booted as usual.

Questions:
  1. Since power is reaching the Mb, is this telling me that the PSU is still alive but unable to deliver sufficient power to the new Mb?
  2. The manual doesn't say what function is being performed under the logo plate. Is it likely that the Mb has been damaged?

Sep 2, 2021
I installed the B450 and added the following from my previous motherboard:
ADATA 500Gb M.2 SSD
DDR4 (2x8Gb) DIMM - 2666MHz
ANTEC NEOHE 500 500W PSU (this is 14-years old)

When I plugged the power cord into the surge protector and then into the case, the raised logo plate below the RAM and above the USB 3.0 header flashed white from under the plate.
I then pushed the on-off button on the case. Nothing happened. I depressed the button for five seconds, still nothing.
I then pushed the on-off rocker on the PSU to off. When I pushed it to the on position, the logo itself flashed red. Nothing else on the Mb lit up, no fan, no boot.
The last time I turned on the PC before replacing the Mb, the fan started, then stopped for a few seconds, then resumed and the PC booted as usual.

Questions:
  1. Since power is reaching the Mb, is this telling me that the PSU is still alive but unable to deliver sufficient power to the new Mb?
  2. The manual doesn't say what function is being performed under the logo plate. Is it likely that the Mb has been damaged?
Sme problem for me is ur problem solved ?

Aug 22, 2021
I did, yesterday. The answer to my first question was yes, and to the second question, no. I bought a new PSU, which I ought to have done long ago. I powered up and everything worked.
Incidentally, I got a Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold. The feature that attracted me was its size for use in a small case: 3.94 x 4.92 x 2.5"