[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450 Aorus Motherboard alternating DRAM and CPU red lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2019
So I am attempting to assemble my first gaming rig. At the moment I am trying to test the CPU, RAM, SSD and GPU before I fit the components into the case. My plan was to install fresh copy of Windows to see whether there are any issues or not. I am facing the following problems:
  1. Upon switching on the power outlet the motherboard LED is supposed to light up meaning its ready to be switched on from the power on button on the case. However, the lights only come up for a second and go off.
  2. Upon pressing the power ON button from the case, the cpu cooler fans and gpu fans go on but it sends no video output to monitor. Instead there is a RED LIGHT on the DRAM section which alternates with CPU RED LIGHT. The DRAM light stays on for 8sec and CPU light stays on for 1 sec. This pattern keeps repeating.
Things I have tried:
  1. I have tried resetting the cmos by touching the jumpers with a screwdriver.
  2. Tried each ram stick on every 4 ram slot.
  3. Tried both new and stock air cooler on CPU
  4. Tried booting with GPU and without GPU
For your reference, here are my components:

1. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with Wraith Stealth

• Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard

• Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

• MSI Radeon RX 5700 8GB

• Western Digital Blue M.2 SATA SSD 500GB

• Corsair CX650 650W Power Supply

• Phanteks Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass White

Note: I had a different motherboard which I returned because it had BIOS issues. While removing the air cooler from CPU, I ended up ripping out the entire processor from the slot (the thermal paste was too sticky) . I have checked for bent pins and there were none that I could see. I was able to smoothly place the CPU into the new motherboard I received.

Last edited:
Solution
If you're yet using the B450 chipsetted board, are you certain you have the latest BIOS update on the board? You will need the latest BIOS update in order for the board to recognize the Ryzen 3000 series processor.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're yet using the B450 chipsetted board, are you certain you have the latest BIOS update on the board? You will need the latest BIOS update in order for the board to recognize the Ryzen 3000 series processor.

Solution
Jul 20, 2019
How do I update if I can't even get the bios screen to show up.

Jul 20, 2019
Alright, I had to take my mobo to the pc shop and they updated the BIOS. Things working fine now. Thanks for the help.

Jun 23, 2022
Alright, I had to take my mobo to the pc shop and they updated the BIOS. Things working fine now. Thanks for the help.
I have the same problem atm i got the aorus b450 elive v2 with a ryzen 5 4500 cpu and it turns on with a quick mobo light flash then stays off no lights on board at all with red drma and cpu lights alternating curious if they ever told you how they manage to update the bios without a display?

I have the same problem atm i got the aorus b450 elive v2 with a ryzen 5 4500 cpu and it turns on with a quick mobo light flash then stays off no lights on board at all with red drma and cpu lights alternating curious if they ever told you how they manage to update the bios without a display?
You will get more up to date and helpful answers if you make your own thread.
Its also against forum policy to revive (necro) old threads.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.