Gigabyte B450 DS3H short beeping sound issue.

Dec 16, 2018
Hello everyone, I've recently build my first gaming PC ever. So far (It's been over 2 weeks) there aren't any performance issues at all, but there is something weird that i can't figure out on my own, nor find anything similar online. First let me give you the specs of the pc:
1. Gigabyte B450m DS3H
2. Ryzen 5 2600 ( not OC, with a stock cooler)
3. GIGABYTE GeForce® GTX 1060 WINDFORCE 2, 6GB GDDR5 ( not OC, connected with a 6 pin to the PSU)
4. 2x 8 gb DDR4 HyperX Predator 3000Mhz, CL15, 1.35v ( Dual channel)
5. WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
6. Kingston A400, 120GB, 2.5", SATA III
7. PSU EVGA 500 BR, 80+ BRONZE 500W
8. DeepCool Tessaract BF case with a single 1 x 120 mm Exhaust fan at the back.

As i said i don't see any performance issues at all, however there is a strange short beeping sound at random intervals of time, and everytime i turn off my PC( just before the system shuts down completely there is this sound again. ) I've tried numerous things, thinking this might be the issue, including Flashing my BIOS , removing 1 of the RAM sticks, unplugging my Case fan, but nothing worked. Also to mention I've been monitoring my temps for a couple of days with Ryzen master and CPUID HWmonitor, and from what i know and what i see the temps are normal, when Idle and when under load. I've checked the gigabyte official website for answers aswell, but the only thing that i've managed to find is this 1short beep :System normal, which might be the case, but i don't see any reason for this sound to occur more than once when i start my PC.
I apologize in advance if this question was asked too many times, but i couldn't find any information on the topic on my own .

Where is the beep coming from? Typically the only way to hear beep codes is if you have a speaker plugged into the "Speaker" pins on the front panel headers of your mobo (see page 16 of your user manual). It's not normal to have a speaker plugged in here for normal usage. If you do, just disconnect it. That speaker is used to troubleshoot.

Why such a small SSD?

Dec 16, 2018

First thank you for the reply.
I thought the beep was coming from the motherboard and i still think so, just because i have no idea which other part can actually make beeping sounds. However, just as you mentioned i don't have the the speaker plugged in and i can still hear the beep.
sXqZCzO.jpg
( this is the small speaker i believe, right ? )
Also i bought this SSD, because it was on a huge discount and i will generally keep only my windows files there.
One last thing, which might be of importance is that, sometimes just before the beep sound my CPU fan runs faster that usual and when i hear the beep it slows down, i can actually hear it. But that's not happening everytime.

That's the speaker, yes. Without that, I'm not aware of any mobos that have "built-in" speakers that can do beep codes.

If you look at your owners manual page 24, there's a setting in Smart Fan - Temp Warning. It should be disabled by default. Is yours on? Also check the fan fail warning.

Dec 16, 2018

These are the options i have enabled

LKod5wB.png

However i don't think this is a normal beep, all of the beeping sounds i found on youtube sound different, it's like they are longer compared to what i hear. It is a very short beep.

Dec 16, 2018

I've also managed to upload a Video of my PC beeping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EYT8GOaSY