Question GIGABYTE B450M DS3H Does not power on at all, ZERO signs of life, no fans spinning or anything, NOTHING

Jul 14, 2024
(This is a Repost)

My Other Specs:
GPU: Zotac Gaming 3060Ti OC
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 8GB Giel EVO Potenza
Power Supply: Apevia Prestige 800w Gold
AIO Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Capellix XT
SSD: WD BLACK SN770 with an Artic M2 Pro Cooler
Case: Phanteks P400 Eclipse

My motherboard suddenly stopped and didn't power on when i was installing a new fan and connecting to to the Corsair Command Block For the Fans and CPU cooler, i unplugged the cpu cooler On the command block while the pc was running accidently and the pc shut down, when i attempted to power it back on nothing was powering on at all, not a single component running at all. i do recall a burn strange smell after the pc powered off though, but i hope it wasn't all of my expensive components worth two paychecks calling it quits.

So i did a lot of trouble shooting.

I checked it it was the PSU, i plugged it into my also broken MSI B350m Bazooka Motherboard, it powered on just fine, still giving the typical EZ Debug CPU error light, so it's not the Apevia power supply failing on me.
I plugged in a different Power supply, An EVGA Brown 450W power supply into the Gigabyte Motherboard, and nothing, not a fan spin, not a light.

I checked if the Cpu was the problem, i remove the AIO Cooler and swapped the Ryzen 7 5800X with a Ryzen 5 1400, then reinstalled the aio, tried out the two differnt power supplies for both, and it still did absolutely nothing when i tried to used the front panel power and also the screwdriver shorting technique, no life.

Then i tried other various techniques
i resetted the CMOS Battery, nothing,
I put RAM into different slots, i remove the Graphics card, i swapped CMOS Batteries, i unplug the SSD.
Not a single sign of life.

So if there is anybody here who knows hardware more than me, give me the answer, im tired of troubleshooting this complete waste of money and time.

(This is a Repost)

My Other Specs:
GPU: Zotac Gaming 3060Ti OC
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 8GB Giel EVO Potenza
Power Supply: Apevia Prestige 800w Gold
AIO Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Capellix XT
SSD: WD BLACK SN770 with an Artic M2 Pro Cooler
Case: Phanteks P400 Eclipse

My motherboard suddenly stopped and didn't power on when i was installing a new fan and connecting to to the Corsair Command Block For the Fans and CPU cooler, i unplugged the cpu cooler On the command block while the pc was running accidently and the pc shut down, when i attempted to power it back on nothing was powering on at all, not a single component running at all. i do recall a burn strange smell after the pc powered off though, but i hope it wasn't all of my expensive components worth two paychecks calling it quits.

So i did a lot of trouble shooting.

I checked it it was the PSU, i plugged it into my also broken MSI B350m Bazooka Motherboard, it powered on just fine, still giving the typical EZ Debug CPU error light, so it's not the Apevia power supply failing on me.
I plugged in a different Power supply, An EVGA Brown 450W power supply into the Gigabyte Motherboard, and nothing, not a fan spin, not a light.

I checked if the Cpu was the problem, i remove the AIO Cooler and swapped the Ryzen 7 5800X with a Ryzen 5 1400, then reinstalled the aio, tried out the two differnt power supplies for both, and it still did absolutely nothing when i tried to used the front panel power and also the screwdriver shorting technique, no life.

Then i tried other various techniques
i resetted the CMOS Battery, nothing,
I put RAM into different slots, i remove the Graphics card, i swapped CMOS Batteries, i unplug the SSD.
Not a single sign of life.

So if there is anybody here who knows hardware more than me, give me the answer, im tired of troubleshooting this complete waste of money and time.
If you did all those things right, you tried everything, there should be some signs of life even with only MB and PSU connected.
You did make some errors, Never do anything inside without unplugging or turning off power on PSU, let alone when running.

Maybe you should try again with MB removed from the case, make sure you have POST speaker/buzzer connected if there's none on the MB. That gives an error sound code during the BIOS P.O.S.T.